Thursday, November 8, 2012

13 Weeks - Mini Coop #2

After reading and following so many ladies who have done these surveys in the past, I am totally jumping on board!  They were so much fun to read and would be great to look back on especially since I didn't start the blog until Lottie was about 4 months old! 

Due Date: May 11, 2013

Total Weight Gain (CRINGE): As of last Monday, 0lbs so far (thank you Jesus!)

Exercise:
M - Fight Gone Mad - Circuit Training
T - Arrichion - Circuit Training
W - Yoga
T - Arrichion - MMA
F - Group Power (weights)

I did not work out during my last pregnancy and it was a HUGE mistake!  I ended up gaining 48lbs!  I can't believe I'm even disclosing that!  So, this time around, I am hoping that with constant exercise, I will bounce back a bit quicker this time!

Symptoms:  I've been one lucky mama during both my pregnancies!  No nausea and no real symptoms other than getting up to potty twice a night and being SUPER tired.  I am pretty much going to bed the same time as my 20 month old!  :)

Thyroid: I've been dealing with thyroid problems (the kind that makes you fat) since 2009.  I normally see an endocrinologist every 6 months for blood work and medication refills / changes, but during pregnancy, my doctor makes me follow up at least every 2 months.  During pregnancy, your thyroid requirements increase and since I have issues producing thyroid hormones on my own, I normally have to have my thyroid medication increased.  If it isn't treated properly, it could lead to various complications like low birth weight, preeclampsia, stillbirth, etc.  Scary!!  I did just see my endocrinologist though on the 10th and we increased my medication from 75mcg to 88mcg.  Hopefully that little tweak will keep my levels exactly where they need to be for the next several months.  If not, then we will adjust accordingly.

Maternity Clothes:  I despise maternity clothes - most are just plain HIDEOUS!  But I know when I reach the 30 to 40 week mark, I'll be thankful for those stretchy leggings and jeans!  No maternity clothes for me yet.  Last go around I bought the belly bands that you put over your pants that don't quite button anymore and survived off of those for weeks!  I also bought tops / pants in a bigger size so that I could avoid wearing maternity clothes for as long as possible.

Gender:  My gut tells me I'm destined to have GIRLS but would love to have a chill little dude running around!  We find out the sex December 10th!  (Steve wants another little girl!!!) 

Movement: Not Yet

Food Cravings: Milk, fruit, salad, nothing out of the ordinary really

Food Aversions: Stir-fry, fajitas

Best Moment of the Week:  Seeing my little one on the big screen last week!

What I Miss: Turkey sandwich, WINE, shellfish, sushi, Crystal Light Energy wild strawberry mix, The Hero Rush (5K obstacle race I signed up for pre-pregnancy - was not able to compete in that)

Differences Between 1st Pregnancy & 2nd Pregnancy: Time is flying by this time around!  6 months from now this baby will be here and my tiny little house is NOT ready! 

Fears: The dreaded C-Section!  It has already been discussed that I WILL be having a c-section vs. a VBAC.  Oh Joy!

Follow Up Appointments/Ultrasounds: Next follow up appointment is 11/27/12 and next ultrasound is 12/10/12.

Bump Photo: (I feel like such a cheese ball!)



Headed to work


2 comments:

  1. Missing wine, wine and more wine :) You dont even look preggo from the front T! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl u look amazing!! And congrats! Can't wait to follow,this journey with u :)

    ReplyDelete