Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend


Memorial Day Weekend was a blast to say the least!!!  Me and one of my besties Ashley picked up Lottie and road tripped it to the beach.  We listened to an awesome CD of some of the old classics, "The wheels on the bus go round and round....."  Of course the CD I bought for Lottie must have been on sale for $.50 because they were not singing the right song!  The tune may have been the same, but these guys were clearly making up their own song!  While it was hilarious - my child is now going to look like an idiot when the rest of her mates at daycare are singing a completely different song (the right one mind you).   

We finally got in on Friday afternoon and spent the rest of the day/night hanging at my sister's house with another bestie Jeanette and my sister and her hubby.  Steve had to work until 5:00 on Friday, so he met us down there later that night. 

We blew bubbles, played outside, had bath time, ordered pizza and when Lottie went to bed we indulged in some vino! 






On Saturday morning, Lottie woke up at the crack of dawn (6:30 a.m.) and was ready to go!  We got everything together and got out to the beach around 10:00 a.m.  When her feet with the sand, she was smiling from ear to ear.  She was taking everything in!!!  I know every parent thinks at some point that their kid might be the cutest thing ever but seriously when it came to the cutest kid on the beach last weekend, Lottie took that award! 

The smiles, the laughs, the looks - my face hurt by the end of the day smiling and laughing at her. 


One of the games we played was to see how many shells we could collect in the bucket.  It only took me showing her how to do it a couple of times and she was gone - running, picking up shells, running them back to her bucket, looking at me with those big eyes while I cheered her on. 





She LOVED the water!!  She would have stayed in there all day!  She wasn't scared one bit even when the waves pushed her over. 




Steve's new beach t-shirt (Dads Against Daughters Dating)


Building Lottie a drip castle!  She destroyed it in the end!



Aunt Amy and Lottie building sand castles


Tutu Swim Suit


Good ole Myrtle Beach bucket!! 


I think it is safe to say that I will no longer be sitting back relaxing in my chair, reading a book/magazine ever again!  Between chasing her back and forth to the water, building castles, rinsing all the sand off her, changing her swimmer diaper, etc., that just doesn't seem like an option!  But at the end of the day, I had so much fun - it brought me back to my days as a kid and how much fun the beach used to be! 

I ended up getting so much video of her vs. photos it seemed.  I'll see if I can't get some of it uploaded in the next week. 

Until next time.........

 

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun trip!!! She was DEF the cutest kid on the beach that entire weekend. Minus the nightmares I will have from that terrible CD, I cant wait to do it again!

    ReplyDelete