Wednesday, June 20, 2012

16 Months

This week marked Lottie turning 16 months!!!  Here is just a few things that's keeping us on our toes:
  • Little Miss Independent: She absolutely insists on brushing her own hair and teeth.  After her bath at night, I ask, "Where's your hair brush, Let's brush that hair?"  She immediately runs, picks it up and "starts" brushing her hair (really, she just makes a mess of it).  Before bed, I always tell her, "It's time to brush your teeth!"  She starts chomping down on her teeth and runs to the bathroom.  Once there, I either pick her up/hold her or sit her down and start the brushing process.  She's got a total of 10 teeth (2 just came in) so I brush them as best I can and as much as she will allow before she is ripping the brush out of my hand to do it herself.  I basically have a 10 second window to get them brushed the way a dentist would approve.  Once Lottie gets a hold of her toothbrush, she usually just sucks on the bristles and pretends to be brushing.  

  • Her newest trick is climbing onto the couch by herself.  You should see her face once she has maneuvered it - priceless!!  She stands tall with her chest puffed out with the biggest grin on her face.  After her proud moment, she usually proceeds to body slam herself against her giant teddy bear or a stack of pillows.  She laughs and laughs, then repeats it over and over again.  While I don't condone jumping on the couch, I can't help but laugh when I hear her laughing hysterically at herself.  Her laugh is the greatest laugh I've ever heard! Truly!

  • Changing Diapers these days goes either one or two ways - PLEASANT (Or as pleasant as can possibly be) or full on INSANE!  As soon as I put her down on the changing table she either lays there nicely, smiling, babbling OR she quickly flips over, squirms out of my reach, stands up, starts laughing like she's pulled one over on me - disaster!!!  Of course every time she does, I end up wrestling to get her back down to which she starts crying/screaming and I have to explain that if she would just lay down from the get go, we would be finished in under 30 seconds.  Hopefully only 8 more months or less in diapers!!!!

  • Lottie has become the biggest copy cat when it comes to things I do!  For instance, every night, I use those make up pad cleansers to clean my face - well now, Lottie has to have one as well.  She starts wiping her face down, rubbing it through her hair, neck, arms, etc.  Then once she's finished, she hands it to me to throw it away.  When it comes to me putting on my make up, she's always right there reaching for a brush to put her "make up" on.  I have a couple of spare brushes that I usually let her play with so in true copy cat form, she takes the brush and sweeps it across her face and dabs into my compact.  Of course she doesn't really dab, but she thinks she does and that is good enough for her. 

I wish I could provide an update on her growth, but I can't get the girl's weight to come up on our digital scale at home - she's just too small I guess!  Too bad her mama doesn't have that same problem!  I cringe every time I get on the scale!




Happy 16 Months to my Cheeto loving little peanut!



No comments:

Post a Comment