Friday, June 8, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

This past weekend was one of those weekends you long for after being out of town the weekend before and after a long week of work.  Oh and not to mention my softball league started this past week as well. 

When Friday rolled around, I definitely welcomed it with open arms!!  Thankfully daycare slap wore my baby out on Friday.  She was done for around 7:15 p.m. which meant Steve and I had the night to ourselves (date night in).  I made sweet and sour chicken over rice, we opened a nice bottle of wine (well the $10 sort of nice!) and we played an awesome little couples question game that I found online!  Steve was THRILLED to say the least.  Yeah right!!!  But he embraced it and we had a few good laughs at some of our answers.  Let's just say I am way more in tune when it comes to paying attention and listening!  Steve's score was a typical man's score (about 10 points behind mine)!

On Saturday, Steve let me sleep in (thank goodness) and he and Lottie ran out to grab us breakfast and coffee.  The rest of the morning was spent relaxing, cleaning (or should I say picking up), etc. 

On Saturday afternoon, Lottie was invited to a 2nd birthday party for Brayden.  They had one of those giant inflated water slides and a sweet swing set to play on, not to mention tons of sweets, food and outdoor games for the kids.  It was a Cars themed birthday party - too cute!!  A bonus was seeing Bella and Ari (my brother in law's nieces) - they are obsessed with Lottie and love playing with her or should I say harassing her.  :)  Noooooooooooo - they are really great with Lottie!

 

CHEESE Ball Face


Big Girl Swing - She wants on!


Water slide with Brian - that was the first and last time she went down - a little too big for her!


Checking out the birthday boy



Ari



Laughing at Bella



She decided to plop down and have a snack that consisted of cheese balls and a chocolate cupcake


The girls feeding Lottie like a pet



Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm



Check out that little bitty belly says Ari


Stuffed and Happy


My future softball player


Or Golfer






Lottie w/ her truck at the kid's table


Ari stuffing Lottie's face with more food and drinks


Lottie at the birthday boy's table


Cars cake


Lottie taking cars off a cake that is NOT hers - put it back please!!!  :)


Me & the girls


I think the birthday party wore Lottie out, she was out in 5 minutes after we left the party!  Done for!  My thought was that if she went to bed a little later that night, she would sleep a little longer in the morning!  Not the case whatsoever - the girl was wide awake at 6:30 a.m.!  DOH!!!!!!!!  After forcing myself out of bed, I fed Lottie her breakfast and we got ready for the day. 

Steve had some yard work that we wanted to work on so Lottie and I set off for the park.  It was a gorgeous morning!  And guess what, when you are up at the crack of dawn, you end up being the only one at the park so she had plenty of room to play, climb and enjoy herself. 

Lottie is a great little climber and adventurer.  She wants to climb everything and go down everything.  While I encourage her to explore and try new things, sometimes her little monkey ways scare me!  I think she thinks sometimes she is bigger than she really is! 




Yep, she ended up doing a mini back flip at the end of this slide - scarred me to death!


Resilient little bugger!



Another great weekend in the books!  Summer is here and I am soooooooooooooooo excited for the upcoming trips to the beach, the parks, festivals, etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment