Thursday, September 29, 2011

Carter Sample Sale / Consignment Sale

Last Saturday morning, I went to a Carters Sample Sale over in the Matthews/Stallings area.  Carters is such a great brand in clothing / all things baby.  Everything on the rack was $5.00 an item / brand new with tags, straight from the distributor. 

My cousin Ginger is the go to person for all things "SALE".  She is constantly e-mailing me about coupon classes, consignment sales, sample sales, etc.  I love it - because if you know me, I love a good BARGAIN!

Here are a few items I scored this past weekend:


A Pop of Red


2 pairs of stretchy ruffle butt pants ($2.50 each)


The Cutest Pair of Santa Pajamas


A 4 piece set including a sleeper, onesie, sleeper pants and a bib all for $5.00


And my fav.....  Leopard top and pants - size 18 months (they didn't have anything in 12 mths)


Following the Carters Sample Sale, I ran over to First Baptist Indian Trail for their bi-annual consignment sale.  This is the first time I've been to their sale.  I must say, I was NOT impressed.  A lot of the items looked really worn.  One thing I must say about going to these consignment sales is that I ONLY buy items that still have the tags or that you can tell have been worn once or twice.  Also, I only go to the half price sales.  These are usually on Saturdays or the final day of the sale.  For example, if an item hasn't sold on a Friday or first thing Saturday morning, then the consignor has the option to discount it for the half price sale which is really when you get the best deal!  If consignors put in the time to get their items sold, then they will usually discount the item to have the best chance of getting it sold. 

The only thing worth blogging about at the FBIT consignment sale is that I scored a 100% cashmere sweater for Lottie for $2.50 - it looked as if it had been worn once.  The consignor's tag said that it was Kate Spade but I don't know if I am buying that (there was no actually tag in the sweater).  Oh well - you can't beat 100% cashmere for $2.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment