Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

What a busy weekend!  Although weekends like the past one are so much fun, it makes me long for those quiet weekends with just the three of us. 

I don't know if it is because of having a baby and all the added day to day things that come with that or getting up between 4:45 a.m. and 5:30 a.m. every day for a workout or my thyroid issue (ongoing since 2009) - but this mama is TIRED!  Thankfully I'm going to see my endocrinologist on Thursday morning to have my thyroid levels checked and hopefully within the next week I will have my medication adjusted according to those results so I will start feeling a little more energetic!  WOOHOO!

Friday night was a pretty quiet night - I made some poms for a friend's b-day party the following night, played with Lottie, had a little girl talk and magazine reading and made dinner.  I was supposed to be running / walking in the Brixx 5K the next morning but Miss Lottie decided that she was going to wake up at 1:00 a.m. and not go back to bed until 3:30 a.m.  I think her ears were bothering her (so sad).  So with that said, I skipped the race.  Sleep sounded so much better than getting up at 7:30 a.m. and driving downtown to run!  Right???????


Girl talk and magazine reading




Saturday afternoon Lottie and I did a little shopping and walking around Blakeney.  It was pretty cool out and I must say it felt GREAT!

Saturday night was one of my BFF's (Ashley) 30th birthday party.  Ms. Beverly (like my 2nd mom) wanted to keep Lottie for the night so we dropped her off around 6:30 p.m.  We had dinner at Room 112 and got a table at Kazba afterwards.  Steve and I hung out until midnight and decided it was time for us to go.  We had the Panthers game the following day and didn't want to feel like crap / tired the whole rest of the day.

Ashley - I hope you had as much fun as we did on Saturday night!  I can't believe we are 30!  Here's to celebrating the next 30 birthdays together!!!  Love you!


The Birthday Girl




Jeanette and Lauren


Steve and I


Jeanette and I


The girls



Scuba


Sunday afternoon was the 1st home game for the Panthers!!  Steve and I were pretty stoked because we were playing Green Bay (defending Super Bowl champs).  My dad was always a Green Bay Packer fan before the Panthers ever had a team in Charlotte so that is who we followed at our house.  With that said, I was definitely rooting for the Panthers on Sunday.  I knew the chance of actually winning on Sunday was slim to none but we gave it a good fight the first half.  I think everyone was surprised at how well we played.  Unfortunately we fell apart in the second half.  Yesterday it was announced that Thomas Davis would be out for the season w/ an ACL tear.  That means that our defense continues to weaken as both Beason and Davis are out for the season.  Uggghhhhhghhhh








Our good friends Matt and Danielle tested out their babysitting skills on Sunday so that we could get to the game.  During the game I got this sweet text and my heart just melted!!!  Thank you so much for keeping Lottie on Sunday!  She had the best time!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out T!!! I had such a FAB time Saturday!! You girls are the best!! LOVE YOU!!! XOXOXOXO- Ash

    ReplyDelete