Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Never Ending Ear Infection

Lottie will be 7 months old in 4 days!!!  I can NOT believe how quick the time goes! 

My poor baby is suffering from a double ear infection.  This has been ongoing since August 1st.  I initially took her in because of the greenish discharge leaking from her left eye.  I thought she might have had an eye infection or pink eye.  Not the case. 

I had Steve take her in for the third time yesterday afternoon because once again her eye is oozing with a greenish discharge.  I thought for sure the last round of antibiotics had cleared it up.  But after 2 weeks of not taking the antibiotics, it is BACK! 

With that said, the doctor suggested one more round of the same antibiotic for 10 days.  He is doubtful it will clear up the infection, but will give it one more try.  If the infection has not cleared in 10 days, we will be given a referral to Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat for TUBES.  Just the thought of Lottie being put under anesthesia is scary. 

But, from what I've heard from family and friends is it is a God Send and their kids have not had an ear infection since.  It is relatively an easy procedure that lasts 5 minutes. 

Please pray for Lottie and her ears over the next few weeks that we will see some improvement and she can get back to feeling 100%!

On another note - she weighed in at 16lbs, 9oz yesterday!!  My baby is porking up!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment