Tuesday, September 13, 2011

It's a Fish Fry Kind of Weekend

This past weekend was a weekend spent with family!

Friday night was a loooooooooooooooonnnnngggggggggggg night!  Between the never ending ear infection (we've gone through 2 rounds of antibiotics thus far) and teething - Lottie was up at 1, 3 and 6 a.m.  I spent the majority of the night worrying about her b/c I am a worry wart!  With that said, I was so sleepy when she decided to start her day at 7:15 a.m.  Steve got up with her so that I could try and catch up on sleep.  He fed her, changed her and took her on a walk over at the 4 Mile Greenway off Rea Road (Good Daddy).  I slept until 10 a.m.  WOW - I can't remember the last time that happened.  It was much needed! 

After the gang got back, Lottie and I headed to NY&Company to spend some city cash I had earned from a previous shopping trip.  They have some great items that just arrived (think lots of animal print). 

Afterwards, we headed to Southbrook Church for a little kid's consignment shopping.  Every year, local churches in the area hold two sales each year to sell gently used children's clothing, toys, strollers, shoes, pack and plays, etc.  I absolutely love it!  This year I walked away with several outfits for $11.00!  I bought the cutest puff vest w/ matching jeans for $2.50 - it must have only been worn a couple of times because it is in great condition!  Last year while I was pregnant, I scored a pack and play for $15.00!  Crazy right?  I leave that one down at my sister's house so we don't have to pack it each time we visit.  This year I am on a mission to score a jogging stroller!  I saw one this past weekend for $50.00.  I thought that was a great deal - hopefully I will find an even better deal these next couple of weekends!  If anyone would like for me to post upcoming sales, please let me know!!

Saturday afternoon we headed to my grandma's house for a family fish fry.  Since my uncle Delano retired, he spends quite a bit of time on the river fishing - I think mostly for catfish and crappy.  The food was delicious!  I wish I had thought about taking pictures because it was quite the feast.  We had spicy battered catfish, crappy, hush puppies, fries, sweet potato fries, onion rings and cole slaw. 

As you can probably imagine, everyone couldn't wait to get their hands on Lottie!  She is the youngest baby of all of us cousins.



My Aunt Dixie and Lottie


My Aunt Francis and Lottie




My Aunt Brenda and Lottie



My Aunt Joy and Lottie



My Grandma Patterson (almost 95 years old) and Lottie



My Aunt Brenda showing us how she used to hulla hoop


My second cousins Morgan, Mya and Haley



Morgan and Lottie






Shirley, Francis, Wesley, Ginger, Lynn and Brenda


Sunday morning, Steve took Lottie out for another walk on the Greenway. I went to church for Homecoming at Union.  He came back and watched "futbol" with Lottie and made her wear her England jersey so they matched.  It was really CUTE!!!!  I had to capture a few pics!  The rest of the afternoon was spent napping and watching football!  Oh how I have missed football season.  Steve and I have owned PSLs for the Panthers for years and really enjoy going to the games.  This year will be a little different since we've had Lottie.  Hopefully we will still make it to a few games.  We are especially excited about the Green Bay Packer game next week!



Dad and Lottie in their England jerseys





We put Lottie in her Panther jersey for the 4:00 game.  She was so stinking cute!!!  I just love this little girl!









I hope everyone else had a family filled weekend.  You can't beat them!  I wish every weekend could be like this past weekend!

2 comments:

  1. She puts a smile on my face!!! :) She's always so happy T! Your so lucky! Say hi to Scuba for me! :) Andddddddd...... Lottie is wearing a pink jersey, ha, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thank you!!! She really is so happy all the time - we are so blessed - hope you will be just as lucky one of these days!!! We will have to do another happy hour soon! xoxo

    T

    ReplyDelete