Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Smells Like Fall

I don't know about you but I am READY for fall!  The heat has been brutal this year.  I am currently nursing a sunburn as we speak. 

Labor Day Weekend has come and gone.  We took advantage of the last long weekend of summer and headed to the beach to visit my sister and her hubby's family.  We had a house full.  Between the grilling out and sweets, I was ready to get back to some form of diet today!  Why is it that when we go out of town - it is almost like a free for all when it comes to food?  Things I would never normally eat during a normal week and weekend become something of a tease waving it's high caloric goodness in my face screaming, "eat me, eat me!!" 

Aside from all the eating, we managed to find time to lounge about and enjoy the beach.  Lottie showed off her new swimsuit I bought for $5 at Babies R Us.  She was once again the star of the show.  She loves the beach and chilling in her beach chair!





(Can you see my 1st tooth?)







Bella and Lottie


Ari and Lottie


We headed back early yesterday morning to beat the holiday beach traffic.  Thank goodness we did - it sounds like it was awful and was taking folks 5 hours or more to get home. 

Late yesterday afternoon, we sat Lottie on the floor because she has been doing really well with trying to sit on her own.  She was happy and playing and smiling for us........UNTIL she tumbled over hitting her head / left eye on the hard floor.  Her daddy sat laughing (mean daddy) while she started whaling!  This is the first time she has knocked her noggin on the floor.  We've gone 6 months with no boo boos and we now have our first one.  It started turning red right underneath her left eye last night so I thought for sure when she woke up this morning it was going to be black and blue.  Turns out, she has a small bump but not anything major.  Needless to say, she did NOT want to sit back down on the floor last night. 

BEFORE



AFTER



(Mind the bib, she just ate sweet potatoes)


I woke her up this morning before I left for my workout to check on her eye and it looked fine, just a little bump.  Lottie didn't seem too pleased when I woke her taking photos, but this is how we find her sleeping every morning we wake her up during the week for school.  She looks so relaxed and cool with her hands behind her head.  She's been doing this from Day 1. 


(WTH Mom?)



On another note, I've seen all the status updates on Facebook talking about the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Sarbucks being back!  I adore it myself and while perusing the blog world, I found this recipe for Pumpkin Spice Latte cupcakes through Annie's Eats.  She has some pretty amazing looking recipes!  Check her out!


Hope everyone enjoyed the last long weekend of summer!!!!

1 comment: