Monday, August 29, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sleepy this Monday morning!!  Miss Lottie decided that she was going to keep her mama up all night long last night. Please excuse the run on sentences, lack of details and other grammatical mistakes that are likely.

Friday night, Steve, Lottie and I went for sushi over at The Promenade.  I haven't really had any sushi since before I was pregnant so I overindulged a bit (just couldn't help myself).  They have live music at The Promenade every Friday night - it was so cute how all of these families were sat with their chairs, coolers, blankets, etc.  The kids were dancing on the lawn with one another and the dads were twirling their little girls around.  It felt really nice and the band was great!

Saturday morning, Lottie and I had a girls morning out.  We went to Babies R Us, Target, Ulta and Carolina Place Mall.  While at Carolina Place, I took Lottie to the photo studio at JC Penney where I had her 6 month photos taken.  JC Penney is great when it comes to having the "staple" photos taken (3 mth, 6 mth, 9 mth, etc.)  It is perfect for putting in the baby box for us to look back on in years to come.  The other great thing about having the photos done at JC Penney is they are CHEAP.  Coupon queen here had a coupon for a free sitting and $3.99 for each traditional portrait sheet - which meant that an 8x10 was $3.99, two 5x7s were $3.99, four 3x5s were $3.99 and 8 wallets were $3.99.  All in all, I went with four different poses and spent around $25.00.  I ordered a ton of photos!  Perfect for sending to the grandparents in England and great grandparents and extended family that live in NC and SC. 

Lottie is going through the all I want to do is put my hands in my mouth phase so trying to get some decent photos without her hand in her mouth proved difficult. 

Oh and this one meaning ME stood in the photographers light for the first 6 or 7 pictures making them really DARK.  Now you know those photos ended up being the cutest!!!  Of course..........

Saturday afternoon - Steve's employer had a pool party / barbeque for all of the employees.  Lottie was of course the star of the show.  It was nice finally putting faces to names I hear all the time from Steve.  All in all, it was a nice afternoon out. 

Sunday was spent cleaning and catching up on laundry.  I must have worked for 4 hours minimum.  I even went so far as to clean out my summer wardrobe.  I ended up having two trash bags full of clothes to donate. 

Our friends Matt and Danielle came for a visit and dinner yesterday afternoon.  Steve grilled steaks (and managed not to over cook them!)   :)  while I made jazzed up mashed potatoes and salad.  A perfect way to the end the weekend!

Although, the weekend never really ended in Lottie's eyes.  She decided to have a party for one last night leaving me sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, soooooooooooooooooooooooo sleepy today.  I've just put the coffee pot on for Round 2 of caffeine.  I can't tell you how ready I am to hit the hay later! 

1 comment:

  1. Hate to hear lottie is keeping you up.. its really hard.. weve been dealing with these sleepless nights for months now..im a hot mess! You should have donated those summer clothes to your sister she would have loved them!!

    ReplyDelete