Thursday, August 11, 2011

BORING

Steve and I are so BORING when it comes to meals through the work week.  We practically eat the same thing every night!  But I'm one of those people that could eat soup for lunch every day and never give it a second thought.  When it comes to meals through the week, I just can not be bothered to get fancy! 

Our typical work week meal is Roasted (Baked) Chicken with Roasted Potatoes and Vegetables.  I spray the pan lightly with Trader Joes Olive Oil Spray, put two pieces of chicken breast on the pan with salt, pepper and dried rosemary (or whatever we have in the spice rack).  Then, I cut 5 or 6 carrots, 2 stalks of celery, 2 small potatoes and 1 onion.  I put these veg/potatoes on a second pan.  I spray with the Trader Joes Olive Oil and sprinkle with the dried rosemary (or again, whatever is in the spice rack).  I bake at 395 degrees for 40 minutes and wa la - you have a tasty, healthy meal. 

I'm telling you - I would take roasted potatoes and vegetables over french fries or fried food any day!  So delicious - amazing how a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and dried herbs make everything tasty!



It may look like quite a bit of food, but once it bakes, it shrinks about a 1/3 of what you see here


Lottie laughing at mommy while I do the running man, whip my hair back and forth, sing MC Hammer (it was the first song that came to mind), etc. while chopping veggies and throwing dinner in the oven.  I swear I've turned into a lunatic - anything to keep my baby happy and laughing, I'll do!  Not that I have to do much - I swear you just look at her and she smiles, she's going to be a people person for sure (maybe even a singer.... shhhhhhh, don't tell Steve)


this smile = priceless

No comments:

Post a Comment