Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The East Coast Earthquake

Did anyone feel the mighty earthquake in CLT yesterday?  I was sitting at my desk when an attorney popped his head into my office asking if I just felt an earthquake.  I laughed and said, "You can't be serious!"  He said that his water bottle shook and it sounded like the air conditioning unit had kicked on.  We are in an OLD building (Cameron Brown) so I very well may have felt something and not known it b/c to be honest, my office shakes during thunder and anytime the AC unit kicks on.

Of course, I googled to see what "crazy brains" was talking about.  Sure enough, locals were feeling the rumblings of an earthquake that struck in VA. 

Sadly, I am kind of bummed that I didn't feel anything (stupid old building). 

I wonder if Lottie felt it?  Too bad I can't ask her!  It sounds like some felt it at her school, but others did not.  Steve didn't feel it either, but he of course has a cool story about when he was a kid in England and felt one that started in Birmingham - he one upped me this time.

In all seriousness, thankfully no one was injured!  Unfortunately hurricane Irene is looking to be headed to the NC/SC coast this weekend.  My sis lives in Myrtle Beach so I am hoping she and her hubby stay safe and if need be evacuate to our house so we can play this weekend!  Hint, Hint

No comments:

Post a Comment