Monday, August 8, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

Is it Monday already?

This past weekend was one of our last free weekends without plans and we took full advantage of that!  I made an appointment at Keith Hawthorne on Saturday morning to have my oil changed, tires rotated and to have two recalls fixed that were placed on my vehicle.  I dropped my car off at 9:30 a.m. so Steve and I had a couple of hours to kill before it would be ready. 

First on the agenda - the Pineville flea market.  I haven't been there in years so we thought what better way to kill some time than to walk through and check out all the stuff (junk) people were selling.  Holy Cow!  I felt like I was in a foreign country - it should have been called the world market rather than the Pineville market.  Walking through, there were folks selling anything and everything.  There were old nightgowns (gross), kid's shoes(that were not gently used - they looked like they were worn for years), sports jerseys, jewelry, fragrances, oils, jam, tacos - you name it, it was there!  However, after walking through for an hour, we did spot something AWESOME!  It was all of the old school video games like Super Mario Brothers, Tetris, Galaga, Donkey Kong, etc.  (76,000 games in one for $25.00)  There was no system to set up like your typical Wii or X Box.  You simply plug the controller into the back of your tv and bam - you've got yourself 76,000 games to play.  Christmas present anyone?????

Up next, soup and salad at Olive Garden.  It was time for Lottie to eat so we popped in, fed her a bottle then had lunch.  She was such a good girl!  You can take this child anywhere.  She never gives us a hard time. 

Once we ate, we ran back over to check on my car.  It was going to be another hour so we stopped in at the The Old Mecklenburg Brewery.  I love this place.  They have the best fresh beer on tap.  I had a pint of the Captain Jack and Steve had a pint of the Copper. 

After all of our running around we got back home, played with Lottie then relaxed the rest of the night.  Shrek was on one of the movie channels so her and I cuddled on the couch, had some girl talk, tickle time and just all around fun family time.  I swear this is exactly what I envisioned and how I envisioned spending my Saturday night when I was pregnant.  Call it lame, but nothing beats it! 

On Sunday, we ran more errands to Target and Harris Teeter.  I bought a newspaper to clip my coupons (not that I plan on pursuing coupons after my last go around - see previous post)

Ashley and Jeanette came by to visit Lottie and Steve made dinner.  He made shrimp tacos and roasted potatoes.  It was delicious. 

Here are a few pics of Lottie eating cereal and sweet potatoes!  Oh and her first pickle!  She is just too cute when she eats - the faces she makes are priceless.  I got plenty of video this weekend of her rolling over like a maniac and eating her baby food! 









1 comment: