Monday, August 22, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

I am completely WIPED out from this past weekend.  I think I might be catching a cold (Oh NOOOOO!!!)

On Friday, Lottie's school was closed for one of their bi-annual teacher work days so she stayed the day with Kay LaRocca (my brother in law's mother).  I can't thank her enough for helping us out - truly a lifesaver!  Since she stayed with Kay, it was easier for Steve to go by and pick her up and bring her home.  I really hated not seeing her face as soon as I left work.  It is definitely the ONE thing I most look forward to every day!  When they got home, I gave Lottie a bath, fed her and played until she was zonked out.  During that time, we ate dinner, watched the Panther's game and I helped a friend out by making her a banner to hang at a baby shower on Sunday. 

On Saturday - we woke up bright and early.  It was my old friend Sarah's 30th birthday celebration.  Her b/f set up a coach bus to take a large group wine tasting for the day.  Such a great idea!  We dropped Lottie off with Jeanette and Ashley (their 1st babysitting experience) at 10:15 a.m.  They did a great job!  Looks like they had a full day of fun!  Brixx for lunch, shopping at Petal and a stop at Yoforia for Lottie's first taste of Chocolate!!!  I received a text from Ashley with Lottie smiling from ear to ear - she clearly enjoyed her first frozen yogurt!



Saturday was such a great time - it isn't very often that Steve and I get to go out and do something with just the two of us.  Although, I think in the end (I tasted too much vino - WHOA!!!!)  Here are a few pics from our day out.



Ilesha and I


Grapes


The Birthday Girl!!!


The Bus........





On Sunday morning, we arranged to skype with Steve's parents so they could see the baby.  They don't have a laptop so they went to a friend's house where we chatted for 40 odd minutes.  They were really happy to see their granddaughter for the first time since we were in England.  For those of you who don't know, Steve's parents are in their late 60s/early 70s and don't fly.  Steve's mom has never been on an airplane in her life.  Therefore, they have never been to the states.  I believe her fear of flying and some health issues have prevented or kept them from coming to see us.  While it is difficult at times to understand their reasoning behind not coming over - we have accepted it and do our best to try and send pictures, skype and visit when we can. 

On Sunday afternoon, Lottie and I took a much needed nap together.  Steve fixed an English dinner with beef, potatoes, yorkshire pudding, gravy and veggies.  It was delicious!  You can't beat a home cooked meal on Sundays!  We finished the night off with some TCBY and cuddle time w/ my sweet girl.  We watched The Princess and the Frog (it was such a cute movie) - I secretly can't wait until Lottie gets old enough for her and I to watch all the classics - Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Snow White, Bambi, etc.  It won't be long.

Today is Lottie's 6 month check up at Matthews Children's Clinic.  I am looking forward to seeing how much she has grown these last two months.  The downside of course is that she has to get more shots today.  But if it keeps her from getting Thrush and Hand Foot and Mouth disease at school, I am all for it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment