Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

This past weekend we traveled to Myrtle Beach, SC.  It was my friend Danielle's bachelorette weekend.  We didn't get to Amy's house until 8:45 p.m. on Friday night due to our work schedule, etc. so we stayed in, ate dinner and called it a night. 

The next morning I got up with Ms. Lottie at 6:45 a.m.  She was ready to eat.  I have to point out though that Lottie is a great sleeper - she has been since around 7 or 8 weeks.  She usually sleeps from 8:00 p.m. until 6:45 / 7 a.m.  It is wonderful!!!  Knock on wood this continues over the next few months when we start the teething process.  Yikes - I've heard horror stories!

Back on track..............  After feeding Lottie I did a quick Turbo Fire workout and got myself ready for the beach.  Unfortunately mother nature was not having it.  It was pouring down rain - BOO!  Steve and my brother in law Anthony had decided the night before that they were going to an English pub to watch the opening Liverpool game while Amy and I hit the beach.  We ended up joining them for lunch and a couple of pints.  Finally the weather cleared up and Amy and I left the boys to babysit while we hit the beach. 

We only had a couple of hours on the beach before we had to come back to get ready for our night out w/ the girls.  Needless to say, that was all I needed - holy cow - my chest got burnt.  We are talking LOBSTER!  I should have put on spf 30 instead of 8!  I am not 20 years old anymore!!!!!!!!!  Now, I'm not an idiot when it comes to lathering my face with spf 30 or wearing a hat, but when it comes to the bod - I sometimes neglect it - and because of that I have been itching like a maniac today.

Moving on..........  We were meeting the girls for dinner/drinks at Broadway at the Beach at 6:15 - I haven't been there since I was in my early 20s.  So much fun!  We ended up having dinner, going to Crocodile Rocks (dualing piano bar) and shaking our booties at a couple of other places.  I had such a great time out with my sister and the girls!!  A girl's night is definitely needed every once in awhile.  While I prefer spending every waking minute with Lottie - I think it is important to still find time for yourself.  Thanks D for a great girls night out!  I hope you had as much fun as I did! 

Here are just a few pics from the night!



Please take notice how my face and the rest of my body does not match my chest!





Happy Monday!!!!!!!!  Going to meet Lindsey, Sarah and Jeanette for a couple of birthday cocktails after work!  Can't wait to catch up with these ladies - it has been too long!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment