Tuesday, August 23, 2011

6 Month Check Up

Yesterday afternoon was Lottie's 6 month check up. 

Weight: 15lbs, 9 3/4 oz (40%)

Height: 25 1/2 inches (25%)

Head Circumference: 42 cm (50%)

During the examination I explained to the doctor that Lottie still had a little cough that I thought might be lingering from her double ear infection she had at the beginning of the month.  Sure enough, after looking in her ears, she still has an infection in both ears.  He said that sometimes the first round of antibiotics doesn't take care of it especially if she is around other children on a daily basis.  Continuous exposure to other children at school will most likely result in Lottie getting more colds and more ear infections than if she were to be at home with me or with a nanny.  Unfortunately, as much as I would love to stay home with her, that just isn't an option for our family.

We were given a different antibiotic to try for 10 days.  I am praying it does the trick.  The doctor did say that this specific antibiotic may cause her BMs to look reddish (I know - TMI) and not to panic if we see RED!  I told him that it was a good thing he told me that b/c I would have been rushing little Lottie to the ER thinking there was blood in her stools. 

Of course no visit would be complete without SHOTS.  Those dreaded shots!!!!  She had to have a total of 5.  1 was given by mouth and 2 were given in each thigh.  The oral "shot" wasn't so bad - she gagged a bit and coughed but eventually took it all down.  The first injection wasn't bad either - surprisingly she didn't even cry.  The second injection had her screaming like I've never heard before - seriously have never heard her scream so loud and so long.  The nurse quickly gave her the next two injections in the opposite thigh.  I then scooped her up to comfort her.  I hate seeing my baby so upset.  It breaks my heart. 

One of the injections was a flu shot (1/2 dosage) - we have to go back in 30 days to get the rest.  BOO!!!!!

Thankfully at her 9 month check up she won't have to have any shots!  Hallelujah!! 

After we got home yesterday, I fed and bathed Lottie.  She was a little more fussy than normal but given the tough day she had, completely understandable!  Around 8:30 p.m. - we hopped in my bed for some girl talk and magazine reading.  I was reading Parents magazine and saw where a baby was already saying "mama" at 6 months so Lottie and I practiced saying "mama" - everytime I said, "Can you say MAMA?"  She would crack up and laugh uncontrollably.  I was dying laughing - and of course grabbed the video camera because she was being too cute.  I would say "MAMA" and she would die laughing!!!  Hysterical! 

Here are a few pics of my poor baby's legs (but hey at least her bandaids were stylish!)








Girl Talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment