Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A Bargain to GREAT not to Post

Two weekends ago, Steve, myself and Lottie packed up the car and headed to the beach for the weekend.  During the winter months, my sister generally does most of the visiting to our house.  Of course during those nice, hot summer days, we tend to do most of the visiting and take advantage of the 10 minute drive to the beach. 

I have been dying to get to the outlets at the beach for a couple of months now and thought now would be the perfect time.  During the month of April, I don't plan on doing any traveling so am getting it all out of the way now. 

My sister and I got up early on Saturday morning and hit up Tanger Outlets on 17.  It was a dreary, miserable, rainy day out so a perfect day for shopping.  Steve and Anthony were on babysitting duty.  They took Lottie to a British pub for a proper English breakfast where she devoured beans on toast (one of my faves)!

One of the places we visited at the Outlets was The Children's Place.  It really is one of my favorite places to get Lottie's clothes.  Of course me being a bargain shopper, I've always been able to find great deals and am constantly using coupons I receive.  This time around was no exception!  It was a very successful trip!  Everything I bought was between $.50 to $4.99. 

Take a look!


Pretty Pink and Silver Shoes - $2.99 each 

Pink Fur Boots - $4.99
Animal print high tops - $2.99


Silver snow boots - $4.99


Peace sign shoes for Mini Coop #2 - $2.99


Flip Flops - $1.99


Tights for both girls - 2 for $1.00 / Total = $2.00


Matching sweaters (oh yeah, you better believe these girls are going to have a few matching outfits!)
$2.99 each


Sweaters / Flannel shirt - $2.99 each


Matchy Matchy this Winter - $2.99 each


And with a 20% coupon I had, that brings the total to $39.62 with tax.  Can you believe all of that for under $40.00? 


I have to admit that having two girls is really going to pay off financially when it comes down to clothing.  Mini Coop will be getting all of Lottie's hand me downs and I must say that they are all in really good condition.  Thankfully Lottie was never one to have very many poop accidents so all of her clothes (especially the ones under 12 months) are in really great condition.  I know that one day Mini Coop will want clothes of her own, but for the next several years, I hope she gets used to the idea that she will be wearing sissy's!  :) 

If you are looking for great deals on children's clothes, the best time to look for them is during those months when the stores are looking to get rid of their winter / summer clothes to prepare for the next season.  The money you can save can go straight into their college fund or those fun family activities on the weekends!

Also, the churches around the Charlotte area are having their bi-annual consignment sales going on right now.  Last weekend, I went to Harrison United Methodist Church in Pineville and racked up on barely worn / new clothing for the kiddos for $25 (Half price sale).  Everything I bought was between $.50 and $2.00.  You can't beat it, especially with how quickly kids grow out of things.  I also bought Lottie a few Disney books for $.50 each.  It is a great place to get books for little ones especially for parents who are tired of reading the same books over and over again!  I swear if I read one more Clifford book...............  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment