Tuesday, March 5, 2013

30 Weeks - Mini Coop #2

Due Date: May 11, 2013

SURGERY DATE: MAY 6, 2013 - 9 weeks to go!!!  My surgery date got pushed back to May 6 vs. May 3 yesterday at my appt.  I still may push it back a few more days.  I have got to get my schedule in order for making sure Lottie is taken care of and Steve has the time off work.  This is why it really really stinks not to have any parents / family around!  Ugghhhh! 

Total Weight Gain (CRINGE): 27 lbs - I almost fell off the scale yesterday when I got on!  I'm pretty sure I yelled out, "HOLY CRAP"!

Exercise:
M- Group Power
T - Arrichion (Warrior)
W - Group Power
T - Arrichion (MMA)
F - Group Power

Exercising is still tough.  My knees are starting to swell and hurt a little after class.  My guess is all the movement and extra weight is just not making it easy on the old knees.  Doesn't help that I have old sports injuries from high school that bothers my knees every now and again.  Oh well - just going to keep pressing on for as long as possible.  Hoping to make it to at least 38 weeks. 

Symptoms: INSOMNIA (no joke - the worst!!!), bloody gums while brushing/flossing, getting up THREE times a night to potty, not being able to hold Lottie for more than a minute, struggling to get up and off the couch, a little knee pain and raging hormones. Despite it all though, I feel pretty good.  I am definitely getting much more uncomfortable though.  I feel huge!!!!!!!!!!


Thyroid: Next follow up appointment with my endocrinologist is March 22, 2013. I've had to increase the dosage once since being pregnant this time around.  I am feeling much more tired lately and am anxious to have my levels checked soon. 

Maternity Clothes:  EVERYTHING!!!!! 



Gender: It's a GIRL!!!!!!!!! Still no middle name picked out yet!  It is soooooooooooooo hard!



Movement:  This past week there were a few times I really felt her going at it.  Then there were other times I felt very little. 

Food Cravings: Once again, I have been absolutely ravenous!!!!!!!!  I can't stop eating!  Typical day at the office: banana, orange, nectarine, cantaloupe, apple, soup or sandwich, a piece of toast, 2 slices of turkey bacon, an occasional yogurt, and a few pretzels if I'm really starving.  This is all for breakfast and lunch and mid morning snack!  I basically snack on fruit all day long.  It doesn't really hold up though b/c by 6:00, I am starving again.  I don't know if it is the exercise, my love for food or the baby needing more from me, but I am killing it in the food department over here.  Going NUTS!  Truly OOC over here! 


Food Aversions: ZERO!



Best Moment of the Week:  Hearing my sweet girl's heartbeat yesterday!  I really can't wait to hold her in my arms.  Last night I was playing with Lottie pretending like she was still a baby.  She loved it.  I was laying her back, feeding her through her sippy cup and sitting her up to burp her.  I was trying to explain that this is what we would be doing when the new baby comes.  I have a feeling Lottie is going to beat the crap out of the baby's back trying to get her to burp based on what I saw last night.  :) 



What I Miss: I miss spending quality time w/ Steve.  Having kids truly changes things obviously in the best way, but I do miss that one on one time w/ him just talking, having a little CLUB Tonya, etc.  It seems these days, we rarely have a date night.  We do have a night out planned with just the two of us on March 16, so really looking forward to that!

Differences Between 1st Pregnancy & 2nd Pregnancy: My insomnia has been much worse.  My doctor actually ended up prescribing me Ambien to take as needed so that I am not walking around like a zombie every day.  I have concerns about taking it, but after much research, it is going to be best for me and baby to sleep every now and again than not, so I plan on taking it as needed. 

Fears/Dreading: I dread those first two weeks of recovery after surgery!  Pure hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I couldn't even climb into my own bed for the first week due to the height of the bed. 

Follow Up Appointments/Ultrasounds: Next f/u appt. with my doctor is March 18, 2013.  At yesterday's appointment we discussed the new surgery date, my thyroid and my iron level.  My iron level is right on the line of being too low.  I have been taking my prenatal vitamins religiously so am not sure why that is.  If it ends up getting too low, I will likely be prescribed some sort of iron pill.  Other than that, the visit went great.  Mini Coop is doing great!  I asked if I would get another ultrasound and she said only if she felt it were necessary.  Maybe I'll get to see her again around 36/37 weeks!  I would love that!

Bump Photo: Typical office attire!








1 comment:

  1. Tonya, I love following up with you on here... you are glowing and just gorgeous! :) I love that you're still doing GP, but hate that we never do it together! I still go to the SP location! :) Lottie is sooooo big! :) Getting very excited for you... May 6th will be here before you know it. This just made me appreciate my alone time with John (btw)... reading how you miss date nights with Scuba. Johnny and I will babysit anytime you and Scuba need a night away! xoxo

    ReplyDelete