Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Getting Into the Holiday Spirit

The month between Thanksgiving and Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year.  I just love it.  This past Friday, I met up with my BFFs Jeanette and Lottie for dinner.  We went to a little place over in Blakeney for a casual dinner while Steve went out with a buddy to the hockey game.  Mickey, Frosty and Sponge Bob Square Pants were all there to greet the kiddos .  I don't know what it is, but kids really do make the holidays special. 


Lottie didn't think much to Sponge Bob - she doesn't watch him!  She was like, "Get him away!!"



This was about as close as she got to Mickey.  She would wave and that was it.  I think she is a little intimidated / scared of the size of the characters.



Jeanette and Lottie


On Saturday, Steve, Lottie and myself ran out to do some shopping for the kiddos in England and other things needed for their upcoming trip.  On our way around town, we stopped into Stonecrest where they were doing a breakfast with Santa.  They had food, a craft table, a balloon artist and of course a really great Santa. 


While getting out of the car, Lottie spotted her hat that has been sitting in my car since the summer.  First off, it is clearly a summer hat. Secondly, it was filthy.  But she was determined to wear it, so in she went with her filthy hat!



Then Mommy wore the filthy hat!


No, I don't wannna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


This time around, Santa did not go so well!!! 


"I hate him mommy!!!"


"HELP!!!!"


Naturally Steve and I got a big ole kick out of this!  Makes for great photos and memories!!! 

I can't believe we are less than two weeks away from Christmas.  I've got a feeling Santa plans on spoiling a certain little girl come Christmas morning.  I can't wait to see her opening presents and the look on her face this year.  It is going to be a great Christmas!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment