Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Dad of the Year

This morning I get an e-mail from Steve that read:

Ok, this is embarrassing - is Madison one D or two D's?  I put one - who doesn't know how to spell their own kid's name???????

I was hysterically laughing when I read his e-mail!  He is right - who doesn't know how to spell their own kid's middle name?????  :)

In other news, Steve is starting a new job in a month.  He is taking about 3 weeks off before he starts to spend time with Lottie and to enjoy the holidays.  Since he has the additional time off, he is taking Lottie to England to visit his parents before Christmas.  OMG - talk about being a nervous wreck!!!  Steve is a great dad and he will be fine, but to be 4,000 miles away from my little girl for a whole week is going to make me crazy!  Of course, we plan to skype every day so that will help, but I've never been away from her for more than two days. 

I'm sure I will be one crazy, worried mama for a week, but I am so excited that she is going to spend time with her grandparents!  She is going to have a ball!  Steve is so excited - he can hardly stand it.  He can't wait to get to a football (soccer) match, hockey game, you name it - the guy has gone through serious English sports withdrawals for awhile, not to mention the food withdrawals! 

I plan to compile a list of goodies for him to bring back especially since I'm letting him take my little lady away!  Gosh, I am so JEALOUS!!!  This will make Lottie's 3rd trip to England - the girl is already a world traveler!


The local pub!  Sunday Funday w/ the Whitwick crowd

Cricket match


Big girl on a plane!  Steve is going to have his hands full doing this journey alone - poor guy!


Finally, the g-parents!  Will miss seeing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment