Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Sniffles

There was an unusual amount of sneezing and sniffles coming through the monitor last night.  I'm afraid that Lottie might be catching her first cold.  :(  Steve and I didn't get much sleep last night as we laid worrying that Lottie was uncomfortable.  She never cried or woke up, but you could definitely tell that there might be something coming on. 

I broke out the Vicks Steam Vaporizer that I got at one of my showers last night but of course I didn't have the liquid Vicks medicine to go into the machine.  BOO!  Completely unprepared!  But nevertheless, I went ahead and read the instructions, filled it with water and added salt (???).  It worked and steam was coming out like it was supposed to.  But me being a bit of a worry wart, I didn't know whether or not it was safe to keep it plugged in and running all night since I've never used one before.  It sounded like the water was boiling even though the machine did NOT feel hot.  The sound of boiling water near my baby's crib was unnerving.  So in the end I decided that for the sake of all of us getting rest and no house fires, I unplugged it!

Has anyone used this Vaporizer before? 



Here's to hoping that my sweet baby isn't catching a cold!  I feared that when she started day care this would happen.  So far we've been lucky!  Hope it stays that way!

1 comment:

  1. Its totally safe to run those all night. My sister has one for Miranda. She just used it a few weeks ago when she had a little cold. You def need to get the medicine though. Thats what helps to break up the snotty mess in her lungs and nose. Stop being such a worry wart Mama T :)

    ReplyDelete