Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Strawberry Picking With The Girls

This past weekend was GORGEOUS!  It was the perfect Spring day.  My BFF Jeanette made her way to the country for a day of strawberry picking with us girls.  Unfortunately Steve had to work so he couldn't join in on the fun.

I haven't been strawberry picking in probably 20 years.  It was always something my sister and I did with my mom growing up.  I remember as a kid always having a belly ache because instead of picking the strawberries and putting them in my basket, I usually ate them all!

The girls and I went to Hall Family Farm.  It was a beautiful sight.  Life really doesn't get any better than being out in the open air picking your own fruit right off the vine.  It took Lottie a minute to figure out that we only wanted to pick the bright red ones to take home.  As soon as she did, her basket quickly filled up with the juiciest, ripest strawberries.  Stella on the other hand picked any and everything she set her eyes on.  At one point, I saw her walking down the row with a whole strawberry vine in hand!  She certainly didn't miss an opportunity to get her eat on!  Every time I turned around, she had a strawberry in her mouth!  :)

The girls and I ended up picking two large baskets of berries.  I ended up freezing about half of them to use for my smoothies in the morning.  You can't beat fresh fruit and vegetables this time of year!

After we picked strawberries and played, we went to Brixx for lunch.  It was all around a perfect day!

Bring on summer!































No comments:

Post a Comment