Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Lottie - Future Figure Skater?

In the days leading up to Lottie's 4th birthday, I asked her what if anything she wanted to do extra outside of already doing Soccer Shots at daycare.  I gave her a whole slew of ideas to consider - dance, gymnastics, soccer, taekwondo, etc.

All of a sudden she busted out some socks and started "skating" around the kitchen.  She said, "Mommy, I want to skate".  It certainly threw me for a loop, but not totally off guard considering the two times I've taken her ice skating before, she has absolutely loved it.

With that, I signed her up for the Snow Buddy class at Extreme Ice Center.  To say she was excited was an understatement.  Her eyes lit up as soon as we walked into the facility.  And when I say facility, this place is HUGE.  They have 2 full size ice rinks and 1 small training rink for small kids.  I've never seen anything like it.  They also have a fitness center, bar, store, etc.

The minute Lottie stepped on the ice, I felt such a sense of pride and joy.  She did amazing, so amazing that after 2 classes, they decided to move her up to the next level.  I almost cried with excitement.  We had 8 great weeks of skating.  Stella loved watching her sister skate around.  Even Aunt Amy and Carter made it to a session.

We have decided to take the summer off with everything we have going on at the minute (a later blog post) but I have a feeling Lottie and I might be hitting up the public skating session at least a couple of times this summer.

Here is a look back at our little natural skating!  Proud mama over here!












No comments:

Post a Comment