Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Circus

This past weekend, we took Lottie to the circus!  It has been years since I've been and after asking Steve, I have come to the conclusion that he's never been to a circus.  He claims all he wanted to do as a child was play football (soccer) with his friends - not go to a bloody circus.  :) 

While I think Lottie may still be a little bit too young to really get the ultimate experience of all of the lights, acrobatics and special effects that go into it, I think it's fair to say that she really enjoyed it. 

She really got into the music of course and danced away.  In fact when they played that song, "I'm sexy and I know it", she started throwing her hands in the air and shaking her hips.  I thought to myself, "Oh Lord".  Stop that now!  Too soon, way too soon for that! 

I think her favorite part was seeing the lions and tigers perform.  Those animals were fierce.  I kept thinking what a nut job the guy in the ring was for getting that close to them.  They were growling and clawing at him.  I thought for sure we were about to witness one of the lions getting their grub on! 

Another highlight was watching the elephants perform.  They looked so sweet and did the cutest things. 

Here are a few photos of Lottie's first visit to the circus!  (The photos didn't come out great due to the lighting in the arena)



 

"Oh, look mommy!!!"





Wild hair - mid show she decided she didn't want it up any longer!



I definitely remember seeing this as a child!



Dragon themed show


All in all, we had a great time at the show!!!!!!!!  I think she would really be into it in a couple more years. I'll probably wait until Mini Coop is two before going back.  That way both her and Lottie can take full advantage of all there is to offer.  :)

1 comment: