Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lottie's Big Girl Room

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY - it has been around my house for the past few weeks.  Between getting Lottie's big girl room ready, planning her 2nd birthday party and preparing for Mini Coop #2's arrival, I am truly one tired mama.

But, it's all been worth it especially now that her room is about 90% complete.  It looks beautiful and I am so happy to have more storage space for her toys, art supplies, etc.

Since Mini Coop #2 is a girl, we are keeping the nursery exactly the same.  There is absolutely no point in changing anything about it other than getting new letters up with her name vs. Charlotte.  So, since we are not making any changes, we decided that we needed to go ahead and get Lottie used to sleeping in a different bedroom.  Since her room has been finished, it has been quite an adjustment for her.  We have been slowly easing her into her big girl bed and as of this week, we've had two successful nights!  Ahhhhhhh

Here's a look at Lottie's new bedroom................................



Storage Unit: Ikea
Storage Boxes: Target
Trashcan: Walmart
Letters: Ebay


DIY curtains - I saw so many cute DIY ideas on Pinterest that I decided to give it a go.  I bought the curtains from Target and the pom poms from Michaels.  All I did was hot glue the pom poms to the curtains and it instantly transformed them from plain jane to super cute!!!!  So proud of my little curtains! 



Tissue Poms (DIY) - I might be a little obsessed!


Bed: Furniture Factory Outlet World (it is gorgeous and will last her for years and years to come!)


Bedding: Zullily
Pillow: Home Goods
Sheets: Target

I fell in love with this bedding when I saw it online.  Bedding is so difficult to find.  It took me about a month to finally find something I really felt like would last her through the years.


Monkey: Sam's Club
Vase: Burlington Coat Factory (OLD)


Bed skirt: Target
Bed Rail: Target

We decided to position the bed this way until Lottie was old enough to where she wouldn't need a bed rail.  Of course, instead of buying two bed rails, we are using the wall to prevent falling off one side.


For now, this area is storage for Lottie's baby clothes and a few other things I am currently working on moving.  My house is so small that we are literally running out of places to store stuff.

We did just purchase the Easel from Ikea ($14.99) - awesome deal - it has a blackboard on one side and a dry erase on the other side.  We also bought paper to drape over it for her to color. 

She still has so much stuff from Christmas that she is playing with that we've not even broke out the easel yet.  I'm sure within the next 3 or 4 months, we will.


Frame: Hobby Lobby
Carriage: Hobby Lobby
(I used cardstock paper from Michaels for frame fillers)


Dresser: Furniture Factory Outlet World


Tray: Hobby Lobby
Crown: Hobby Lobby
Frame: Target
Sunglasses: The Children's Place


Frames: Hobby Lobby
Cardstock: Michaels


CHEESE Mommy!!!!!
One of Lottie's favorite things is plopping herself down on the floor and reading every book in her box.  She loves to read!


CHEESE!


I still need to add a few things to the wall - just haven't been able to figure out just what...........  Any ideas are welcome!  We are having some family photos taken in March, so I am thinking of maybe adding some prints of all of us. 


This vanity is a piece of furniture I hold dear to my heart.  My dad built this for me by hand when I was a teenager.  It doesn't really work in Lottie's room, but for now, I really have no where else to put it.  Ideally I'd like to sand it down and re stain it, but with all we have going on at the minute, I don't think that is going to happen for awhile. 


Hopefully by the time Mini Coop #2 makes her debut, Lottie will be fully adjusted to her big girl room!  Wish us luck!  :)

1 comment: