Thursday, February 21, 2013

Incident Report

Okay, so it has been quite awhile since I've been called and an incident report has been written up at day care.

Well, yesterday I got a call around noon.  Any time they call during the day, I pray it isn't something serious or something that is going to require me to have to leave work to pick her up.  I am just way too busy these days to even think about leaving work early. 

The director stated that Charlotte was fine, but did want to let me know that an incident occurred.  She said that Charlotte and a friend wanted to play with the same toy and the friend bit Charlotte.  She said that she bit through Lottie's shirt on her right arm above her hand.  There was no blood, but you could see the arch/bite marks that were left.  Ice was applied and I was told it was reinforced to the children that we do not bite. 

Of course, after I picked Lottie up and signed off on the report, etc. we got into the car and drove home.  On the way home, I asked Lottie about her day.  I asked her if she got bit.  She immediately pulled up her sleeve to show me and said, "She bite."  I then asked her who bit her and she said, "Ella".  "Ella bad."  She then went off saying, "It hurt, Ella not nice."  Of course I felt terrible that my child got bit once again, but at the same time I was secretly cracking up!  This experience was much different than previous times before.  This time around she was able to actually communicate and tell me sort of what happened and who did it.  Total tattle tale!  At daycare, they will only tell you "a friend" did it, but now that Lottie is talking, she had no problems letting me know who the culprit was.  Although, I have to question it because the only two kids she talks about all the time are Ella and Cole so I don't know if Ella really was the one that did the biting.  Nevertheless, now that Lottie is talking, our conversations on the way home from day care are going to start getting so much more interesting.  I can't wait!!

I thought the biting phase was over, but I guess not.  Since turning two, Lottie should be moving up to the next classroom in the next couple of weeks.  Surely, kids aren't biting in that class!  Once she moves up though, it gets serious - potty training in full effect!  I've got to say that I am not looking forward to it.  Right now, we are just sitting on the potty - not actually tinkling.  Next weekend we have nothing going on, so I plan to buy big girl underwear and give it a go.  Pray for us!!!!!!!!


Lottie has her 2 year well visit on the 6th, so hopefully I can do a post on her development and where we are in this crazy toddler world of hers!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment