Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Our First Duke Basketball Game

I have been following Duke basketball since I was a kid.  My dad was a huge fan so naturally I followed in his footsteps.  Watching Duke play basketball was one of the many loves we shared.  Of course being a Duke fan, we naturally can NOT stand UNC!!  It is one of the oldest rivalries in sports history and I love it.  It is a known fact that if you were raised either a Duke or Carolina fan, you HATE the other team.  In my house, we are Duke fans through and through so there is no love for Carolina fans.  Of course, I have many friends who are Carolina fans, but that just makes the trash talking so much sweeter.

One of the many things to do on my bucket list is to watch Duke play at Cameron Indoor Stadium.  I would freak!! So, for our anniversary, Steve bought me tickets to go see Duke play Davidson here in Charlotte on the 2nd.  Not your typical anniversary gift, but I was one happy wife! 

Steve being an Englishman does not get down with basketball, but when it comes to Duke, he reaches somewhere deep within and watches it with me.  A good man!

This was Lottie's first time at the arena since she was about 8 months old and by her reaction, she loved every minute it.  She must have clapped the entire time. Every time the crowd clapped whether it be for Duke or Davidson, she would stand up and clap.  I tried telling her to hold her claps for Duke but there was no stopping that clapping machine.  She also enjoyed her first bucket of popcorn.  I've tried giving her the fat free, butter free kind I made in the past at the house, but she turned her nose up to that.  Sure enough though, when it came to the full fat buttery goodness, she ate it up!  Preggers definitely enjoyed her fair share as well!

Here are a few pics from our time at the game!  We had a blast!  Duke won!!  They are off to a great start this season!!!  14-0!  I can't wait for the ACC tournament to come back to Charlotte so we can see them again!  I loved every minute!  College basketball knocks the socks off of pro basketball!




My man, Coach K!

Checking out the scoreboard!  Thankfully we had aisle seats!


So focused!!





Sweet face!


No comments:

Post a Comment