Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween

This past weekend, I had a few friends over for a little Fall gathering.  My sister and her husband were in town for the weekend and of course any time they are in town, everyone wants to drop by to see them. 

I spent the first part of my morning doing an Insanity workout (uggghhh), cooking and cleaning.  By the time everyone showed up, I was worn out! 

Lottie was a little fussy on Saturday so I should have known trying to get her into her ladybug costume was going to be a nightmare.  And it most definitely was.  For the last couple of weeks, every time I go to put Lottie on the changing table in her room to change her diaper or change her clothes, she immediately starts crying.  She is NOT happy.  When that happens I usually start singing or making funny noises and that seems to calm her down.  Well.........not on Saturday.  My sister and I went to put her costume on and she was screaming bloody murder!  After adjusting the awkward fit of the costume, we finally got it on.  We quickly whisked her outside to see if we could capture a few pictures.  My sister ended up wearing the lady bug costume (it suited her).



NOT happy!!!!!!!!


OK - this is all you are getting she says!


Her feet fell out of the costume!  Slowly coming off!


This was taken right before her mini melt down! 

She looked pretty cute for the 10 minutes the costume stayed on!  I think she stayed mad at me for a good 15/20 minutes after the costume came off.  Oh well - hopefully better luck next year.  I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that she NEEDED a nap!

When the rest of our friends showed up, I was giddy with surprise!!  My friends Jeanette, Lauren, Ashley and Melissa dressed up as the Coopers and the LaRoccas.  It was hilarious. 

Jeanette dressed as Steve.  She took a wig cap and glued yarn to it to give it that manly sort of look which in fact was NOT manly - just plain strange!  Good effort on her part though - it was awesome!


She even brought Boddingtons (English beer) to drink



Gotta have the England shirt on!


Me and fake Steve and his typical WTH Tonya face!


Me and the fake hubby


Lottie with her fake Daddy (she was still not happy here)


This next one is a little embarrassing!  Lauren dressed up as me circa 1997/1998.  For whatever reason, me and a couple of girls (SARAH) used to think it was really cool to wear FUBU, TH, Polo Sport, wear dark brown lip liner with Mocha White lipstick, white eyeshadow and an obscene amount of gel in our hair!!!  Oh the good ole days!  Well Lauren really out did herself imitating me. 



Steve and his fake wife


Fake Steve and Tonya

Next up, Melissa decided to dress as Lottie.  She went all out as well sporting a diaper (Depends), a pacifier, a cute clip in her hair and drinking vodka from a bottle.  Hilarious!


Me and my fake Lottie



Finally, there is Ashley who dressed as Amy.  Basically to dress as Amy, all you need is an inappropriate dress, leggings or sweatpants, scrubs or slippers!  Ashley hit the nail on the head with her outfit and what topped it all off was her make shift husband Anthony!


Typical Amy


Looks just like Anthony!!




What a GREAT idea to dress as the family or couple who is hosting a party!  I just loved it!  I hope all the kids had a fun time trick or treating and enjoyed dressing as their favorite character!  I can't wait for next year when Lottie will surely enjoy dressing up as opposed to being tortured like she was this year!

Oh and let me just note that since we don't live in a neighborhood we have NEVER had trick or treaters, therefore I don't buy candy (b/c I will eat it all).  Well, what do you know - this year I had three trick or treaters!  HOW EMBARRASSING!  No Candy!!!  Guess what I did????  I had a packet of those red velvet cookies with icing that I put in little zip lock bags for their treat.  I felt like a grandma!  Good thing I knew the kids or that would not have flown!  Next year, this mama is buying candy!  Seriously who does that?  Geeezzzzzz!

No comments:

Post a Comment