Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

This past weekend was a BUSY one!  Last Friday, I had off work for Veteran's Day.  I was so excited to spend the whole day with Lottie.  First things first, we headed to JC Penney for her 9 month photos.  What a disaster!  As soon as I sat her down in front of the camera she froze!  She didn't smile, nothing!  I was doing all the things that normally gets her cracking up, like singing the ABCs, making silly noises, tickling, etc. - but NOTHING!  Finally after numerous attempts to crack a smile, I resorted to picking her up, spinning her around, throwing her back and forth in my arms until she was in hysterics.  I then quickly put her back into position on the floor in hopes the photographer got the shot off.  Let's just say the 9 month photos didn't exactly turn out the way I had hoped.  Oh well!!! 

The rest of the day was spent at Michaels, Walmart, Target, cleaning house and playing with the little one.  I'm pretty sure Lottie's highlight of the day was the shopping experience at Walmart.  She loved sitting like a big girl in the cart.  She was laughing, clapping, making a clicking noise with her mouth (funny) and acting like she was having the time of her life.  We strolled through the Christmas section and her eyes looked like saucers with all the lights, inflatables, trees, etc.  Speaking of trees, we spotted a cute little pink tree that I'm thinking of getting for her.  It was $20, but I'm thinking on Black Friday it might be $15.  Frugal here......



Before her 9 Month Pictures



Walmart shopping trip!



Pink Tree

Saturday - I went and had Lottie's Christmas photos taken.  I know, I know - I am a NUT JOB when it comes to taking pictures of my baby!  I honestly just can't help myself - she will be grown before you know it and I'm sure that after this first year, the photos will not be taken as regularly.  Don't judge!!  :)

Saturday night was my friend Danielle's 30th surprise birthday dinner / celebration at Jade in Ballantyne.  What a cute little restaurant!  Steve and I ordered a large plate of sushi that was delish!  I think we'll definitely be going back! 

Here are a few fun photos to share!





The Birthday girl and I


The Group



Sweet Amanda and her b/f (tarhole  :-))


Sheesley and his g/f


Matt and Danielle


Steve and I


Double Fisting


Yummy cupcakes Matt ordered



Hope you had a great birthday D!!!  Steve and I had a great date night out!  :)

On Sunday, the girls and I finally managed to tailgate and get to a game together.  We are all BIG Panther fans.  We tailgated with good food, mimosas and good conversation. 






Jeanette's brother Chris (police officer) w/ our troops


A great way to wrap up the weekend and show appreciation for Veteran's Day.  We wouldn't be able to do the things we love to do and enjoy freedom without our troops.  A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU!

1 comment:

  1. So much fun Sunday!!I love Sunday Funday with my BFF's!

    ReplyDelete