Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Milestones - 8.5 Months Old

November 1, 2011 marked a milestone for Lottie.  She crawled for the FIRST time!!!

Before then, she was scooting around on her bum, laying down on her back and rolling to where she wanted to get to - BUT no more.  The girl is MOBILE!!!  She has not stopped crawling since she started last week.  The days of leaving her in one place and expecting her to be in the vicinity of the place I left her is LONG gone!  I shot video last week of Lottie scooting around and crawling a little.  This was shot the morning after she crawled for the first time.  It is a little long winded so feel free to stop at anytime! 


You will see from the video that Lottie is dying to stand up.  Every day, she sticks her bum up in the air and when she feels like she is balanced will slowly try and lift her hands off the floor.  Of course, she immediately collapses on her bum.  Sometimes, I will hold my hand behind her bum and she'll think that she is half standing on her own.  She generally starts clapping and is obviously very proud of herself.  It is so cute!

Another worthy thing to mention....... This past weekend I put Lottie into her big girl bath for the first time.  Let's just say that she had a full on MELT DOWN!  She absolutely hated it!  Pure torture I tell you.  I don't think I've ever bathed her so quick.  I don't know if it was the fact that she wasn't used to it or if the quacking duck was scaring her.....  No clue.......  What I do know is that I haven't put her back in it yet.  One is for the obvious reason and Two is MY KNEES HURT SO BAD BENDING OVER THE TUB! 

Insanity is doing a number on my body and my knees.  I've got bruises all over my knees from those darn level 1 drills!!!  Anyways, due to that and old sports injuries from playing volleyball and softball in school, I am going to have to get knee pads in order to give Lottie a bath in the bathtub!  How sad and OLD does that make me sound?  Poor Lottie! 


Poor Baby!!!  :(


I think we must have felt bad for her because when we were out on Saturday, Steve bought her a walker/car to walk, scoot around in.  She loves it especially when we push her around saying, "Beep, Beep"






Ha, I love this picture - she actually looks a little chubby and that face screams, "Leave me Alone!"




Wild Hair Sunday!!!

Looking forward to my three day weekend with the little one!!!  We are closed on Friday!  Call me crazy but I think her and I are going up to Northlake Mall on Friday to see Santa!!!  That's right!  SANTA!  Girls day out!  Then on Saturday, we are having her 9 month photos taken.  I can't get enough of her, that smile, those laughs, her personality.....  she's already my BFF!

No comments:

Post a Comment