Thursday, November 3, 2011

Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings

4 halved chicken breasts
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cartons of chicken stock (I used the HT brand)
1 minced onion
2 tbsp butter
2 (10 oz) packages of refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into small pieces

1. Place the chicken, soup, butter and onion in the slow cooker.  Then fill with enough chicken stock to cover. 
2.  Cover and cook for 6 hours on high.  About 2 hours before you are ready to serve, put the torn pieces of biscuit dough in the slow cooker.  Once the biscuit dough goes in, I would stir it every 30 to 45 minutes to make sure they are covered in liquid.

I was a little weary of the biscuit dough and wondered how it would compare to actual dumplings, but it turned out great.  I received so many compliments on what I thought was one of the easiest recipes I've ever cooked in my slow cooker. 

What made me decide to cook this specific recipe was the ratings and 5 stars it got online along with the simplicity and few ingredients.  I am such a stickler for easy, inexpensive recipes that receive high praises. 

Most people tweaked the recipe to make it their own.  You can obviously add veggies, spices, etc. 

Hope you enjoy!!

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings

No comments:

Post a Comment