Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Lottie's FIRST Words

Can you guess????????

MAMA MAMA MAMA MAMA MAMA

It's true!  Oh how my little heart melted!  This past Saturday I was running around the house cleaning and trying to pack Lottie's diaper bag as Steve and I had a birthday party to attend.  Unfortunately, Lottie missed her afternoon nap and was refusing to take one.  I don't know why kids fight it so much knowing good and well they are sleepy.  The eye rubbing, the whining........ I'd kill for a nap every day now!  :)

While fighting the nap and crawling every which way to get to me so I'd pick her up, she looked right at me and said mama mama mama - several times in a row.  Steve and I just looked at each other in AWE!  Of course, I ran over to her, scooped her up and sqeezed and hugged so tight.  It was the best feeling hearing her say those four or five mamamamamamamamama!

Since Saturday, she has started saying dada dada dada - Steve has been eating it up! 

Yesterday when I picked Lottie up from day care she was sitting on the floor playing with her teacher.  I opened the door and as soon as she saw me, she started rocking back and forth, smiling and clapping.  She then started crawling towards me saying mama mama mama mama.  OMG - it was so cute! 

Of course I tried to capture her on video yesterday saying MAMA and all she would say is DADA!  Little bugger!!  Hopefully we'll have better luck this weekend!!  :)

Video to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment