Friday, January 23, 2015

The Daily Grind - January 2015

Our Monday through Friday Looks Something Like This................. 

5:30 a.m. 
  • Alarm goes off.  I shower, get ready for work, make lunches, make our Nutribullet smoothies for breakfast.
  • Steve feeds the girls breakfast in the morning, gets them dressed, teeth brushed and takes them to school every morning.  He manages to get a shower in at some point.  He is pretty much a saint in the mornings.  In the 4 years Lottie has been going to daycare, I have only had to take the girls to school twice. 
6:40 a.m.
  • I am out the door and on my way to work.
7:15 a.m.
  • Steve takes the girls to daycare and heads to work himself.  He typically works anywhere from 9:00/9:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. every day.
7:30 a.m.
  • I work every day from about 7:15/7:30 a.m. until 3:00/3:15 p.m.  I don't take a lunch break or have any breaks for that matter throughout the day.  Thankfully after having Stella, I was able to work it out with my boss where I can come in early and leave early avoiding a lot of heavy traffic in between.  
3:15 p.m.
  • I head to 9Round in Ballantyne.  It is my happy place.  9Round has been such a huge part of my every day routine for over a year.  I am so thankful I found this place.  The owners are wonderful and I leave there every day feeling a little bit stronger.  It is a fun, challenging 30 minute workout that incorporates boxing, kickboxing, MMA and circuit training.  I love doing pad drills with the trainers.  I swear I feel like Rocky Balboa when I'm there!  
4:15 p.m.
  • I head to pick up the kids!  I usually spend about 20 minutes or so at their school talking with teachers about their day.  Stella is so cute - she always runs and tackles me in the afternoon with lots of hugs and kisses. 
5:00 p.m.
  • We get home and I start dinner for the kids.  It usually consists of a fruit, veggie and protein.  Unfortunately, through the week, we don't get to sit down to a nice family dinner each night. Steve doesn't usually get home until 7:45/8:00 p.m. With that said, the kids eat together and Steve and I eat together.  The kids usually sit down around 5:30 p.m. for dinner.
6:15 p.m.
  • Bath time!  These girls love a bath.  They splash water on one another and all over the bathroom floor.  Then, they fight over who's going to play with which mermaid, Barbie, etc.
6:45 p.m.
  • I usually start prepping mine and Steve's dinner.  M-Thurs. - it's usually baked tilapia, mixed green salad and half an avocado each.  It's quick, healthy and doesn't require a lot of time away from hanging with the kiddos.
7:00 p.m.
  • I finally sit down to read books with Stella.  She is a little book worm.  She loves reading, so we usually sit reading different books for about 30 minutes.  Lottie is really into puzzles at the minute so she usually sits quietly putting them together.  This is truly my favorite part of the day!
7:30 p.m. 
  • Brush Stella's teeth and put her to bed.
7:45 p.m.
  • Steve gets home and we eat dinner.
8:15 p.m.
  • Brush Lottie's teeth, potty and story time.  She has a folder she brings home every day with a reading log and book inside.  She checks out books at school and brings them home to read each night.  Usually, lights are out around 8:30 p.m.
8:45 p.m.
  • I usually fold laundry, get my gym bag ready for the next day, get the kid's school stuff ready, etc.  Sometimes I manage to watch 30 or 40 minutes of t.v. with Steve.  
9:30 p.m.
  • I usually start making my way to the bedroom so that I can read for 30 minutes before dozing off.  

Then we do it all over again the next day!  I know our daily grind won't always be this way.  At some point down the road, there will be gymnastics, dance, sports, homework, swimming lessons, etc. thrown into the mix.  So, for now, I will appreciate our current schedule / routine through the week because the older they get, the busier we will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment