Friday, March 9, 2012

Tubes - Delayed

2 whole weeks without a blog post must mean that we've been busy!!!!!!!!!  Between work, booking our trip to England, birthdays and getting Lottie's surgery sorted has prevented me from blogging!  :(

A quick recap regarding the TUBES................

Last Thursday I received a call from the surgical nurse to discuss past medical history and what time we needed to be at the surgery center for Lottie's tubes.  After going through what seemed like 15 minutes of nonstop questions/answers, she finally asked the one question I knew was coming:  has she had any recent diagnoses of RSV?  Of course I said that she had and that's when everything seemingly went down hill. 

She asked what the date of the diagnoses was and I explained it was January 27th.  She then started calculating the exact amount of time between then and now.  It was approximately 5 weeks.  She said that she would have to check with the anesthesiologist to see if he'd be willing to do the surgery since she was not quite 6 weeks out from the date of diagnoses.  Of course I anxiously waited by the phone all day to see if we were going to be able to do it and around 4:45 p.m. they finally called back and said the anesthesiologist refused to give her anesthesia until at least March 12.  Uggghhhhhhhhhh really???????

I mean I'd obviously rather be safe than sorry but dang I feel like we've been waiting forever for this surgery.  I know ear infections are painful and I can only imagine how Lottie must feel.  Throughout this past month +, she has been nothing short of a trooper.  She has been mostly happy which I am so very thankful for.  I can't wait to see how she feels after the tubes are in - she is definitely going to be loving life!

On Monday, I was able to get the surgery rescheduled for next Friday, March 16th.  When speaking with the nurse on Monday to reschedule, the doctor actually got on the phone with me and said how sorry he was that his colleague refused to do the surgery.  I thought that was very cool of him to speak with me and apologize for having to reschedule. 

At this point, I am praying she has the surgery on the 16th and nothing happens to delay it any longer.  We booked our trip to England over the week of Easter and will be leaving March 29th.  Lottie's pediatrician said that she MUST have the tubes in before we fly to England due to the air pressure, etc. on the flight.  Yikes! 

Oh and on another note, Lottie still needs her 12 month vaccinations and must have them before we can fly.  Apparently there has been an outbreak of measles in young children and babies in England due to the lack of parents getting their children vaccinated over there.  Crazy huh????  And since we do a good bit of traveling, the doctor has suggested her getting an additional Hepatitis vaccination to make sure she is protected.  Awesome!  So, between the ear infection, tubes and now measle outbreak in England, I just might be on the verge of a full on PANIC attack!  But nothing a glass of wine won't fix!  So vino, I will be welcoming you with open arms tonight!

For now I'll leave you with this.........  a trip to see Lottie's great grandma, a little trip to Walmart and me trying to teach Lottie about being a Duke fan! 















She loved the fishies!!!!





Can we bring one home?????????  


Serious time!


GO DUKE!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment