Friday, March 23, 2012

Lottie's First Indian

One of Steve's favorite meals is Indian food.  Indian restaurants are all over the place in England.  One of the most common things to do over there is go for an Indian after a night on the town.  At first, the thought of going out drinking and socializing and ending the night in an Indian restaurant definitely did not appeal to me, BUT overtime I've grown to love it. 

I'd never really eaten Indian food until I visited England for the first time.  I definitely had my doubts and pretty much stuck with the Naan bread.  That since has changed.  I've really grown to like the flavor and the spiciness the food has to offer.  While there are some okay Indian restaurants here in Charlotte, we are so looking forward to having a "proper" Indian while in England!

With that said, we took Lottie out for her first Indian a couple of weeks back.  We went to Blue Taj (Copper's sister restaurant) in Ballantyne because I bought a $2 restaurant.com voucher that was originally $25.  What a savings! 

Steve normally gets a Rogan Josh which is really spicy and I normally go for something more on the medium heat side.  Since we had Lottie with us, I went for something much more mild like the tikka massala so she could eat without being blown away with spice.  I mean this was her first time........

I have to say Lottie definitely enjoyed herself!!!  She has become such a little piggy when it comes to eating - I love it.  She tries anything you put in front of her.  Our hopes is that she will not be a picky eater and will try anything at least once. 


She needed a pre-appetizer - waiting on her food! 


Veggies in a spicy tomato sauce - she was going to town!!!


She tried Lamb, Chicken, Veggies - so proud!!


Stuffing her face!



Let the fun begin - she's got Dad's credit card



Big Smiles!!! 


We are so looking forward to seeing Lottie eat all of her Dad's and my favorite English foods!!!  We are just under a week away!!!  As soon as we get to Steve's parents house next Friday, we are having proper Fish & Chips!!  YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment