Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Lottie's First Birthday Party - Valentine's Theme

I still can't believe it has been a whole year since my baby was born.  She's no longer in the infant/baby category but a full blown toddler!  WOW - I guess they say, let the fun begin!

Lottie's first birthday party went off with a bang!!  It honestly could not have gone any smoother!  I decided to go with a Valentine's theme being as it was so close to Valentine's Day.  After the many trips to Michaels and crafting on those Saturday and Sunday afternoons, I was pretty happy with the outcome.  A big thank you to all who helped us make our little girl's first birthday a memorable one!!!  I know without a doubt, she had a lovely time!!!!  NOW without further a do - WARNING - PHOTO OVERLOAD is about to happen!




























































Lauren & Addison



Birthday girl after she woke up from her nap!  She was wondering why all these people were in her house!


Happy Birthday!!!




How precious are those shoes?

Gettin some love from Aunt Jeanette



Aunt Amy & Lottie






Daddy and Lottie






Beautiful smash cake made by Karen Mitchell



The most amazing strawberry and custard cake for the party - so so good







Mrs. Beverly & Lottie





Bounce House Time!!!  Back in December I got an e-mail from Groupon with their daily deals and it was 1/2 off a bounce house.  I thought it would be perfect to entertain the older kids so I jumped on it and if you don't know by now, I love a BARGAIN!










On and Off / On and Off ALL DAY!


Does that taste good?


Brayden



Miranda


Lottie and I got in and gave it a go but she wasn't feeling it unless I hoisted her up and we bounced together.  After a few minutes though, this mama was worn out!!








Cake Time!!!  It was a chocolate cake with buttercream filling on the inside.  Let's just say once Lottie found the buttercream filling, she was SHOVELING it in her mouth!  She did awesome with the cake!







Once she found the filling, she ate her way through the other side of the cake.  I ended up having to cut her off for fear of her throwing up!  :)






And so the sugar high sets in!!!  Hilarious!



So cute!!!  One of my favorite photos!


After a quick bath (the girl had chocolate coming out of her nose for two days), we opened presents - Lottie absolutely adores tissue paper!  She was so high on sugar, she was tearing through the paper and playing in it like you would a giant pile of leaves.  She was too cute!  Mid way through opening her gifts, she impressed everyone with her walking skills as she walked 4 or 5 steps.




















I'll leave you with this precious face!!!!  We had such a good time on her birthday!  I wouldn't have changed a thing!  Thank you to everyone who came - Lottie thoroughly enjoyed her presents and can't wait to sport her new clothes this summer!  A big thank you to Karen Mitchell for doing what she does best - baking!!!  It was delicious.  Another big thank you to Ms. Shannon for coming by to take photos for me - she's such a talent! 

Lottie - you are the BEST!!!!  Your dad and I can't wait to see you blossom this next year! 

2 comments:

  1. Aww the pics turned out great!! What a fun day!! YAY Lottie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Lottie! May you have a fun-filled childhood with the guidance of your ever-so-loving parents!

    ReplyDelete