Thursday, March 22, 2012

Steve's 40th Birthday

Steve turned the BIG 40 on 2/26/12 - one week after Lottie's big birthday.  I knew that if I didn't start planning his birthday well in advance, that he would be left out in the cold after trying to prepare for Lottie's big day.

Steve is a HUGE sports fanatic - He LOVES English football (soccer) and LOVES hockey!  Those are his two faves!  We've taken several trips in the past to Raleigh to watch the Carolina Hurricanes play (NHL team).  Thankfully it worked out they were playing in Raleigh on Saturday, the 25th. 

I sent a mass e-mail out to Steve's buddies to see if they would be interested in taking a little trip to Raleigh to watch the game and I got a great response.  I wanted to keep everything a surprise and thankfully the group was onboard and didn't blow it.

I got my BFF's mom to keep Lottie for the night and Steve and I headed up to Raleigh.  We ended up meeting the group in a little restaurant beside the RBC Center.  Everyone was there and Steve was blown away.  He claims he had no idea.  He kept saying how surprised he was and how happy he was!  YAY - pulled it off! 

All in all, it was great to get away with friends!!!  Hope you had a great birthday Steve!!!  :)











My bro-in-law decided this would be a perfect time for a quick nap.......



He's back in it!






No comments:

Post a Comment