Thursday, October 6, 2011

Primanti Brothers & Le Mont Pittsburgh

What's the one place people will tell you to go when you are visiting Pittsburgh?  PRIMANTI BROTHERS  Well, we did just that.  After arriving in Pittsburgh, my brother in law Anthony took us to the University of Pittsburgh to show us his alma mater / old stomping grounds and for us to experience our first Primanti Brothers sandwich.

This is no ordinary sandwich.  All sandwiches are topped with french fries, cole slaw and tomatoes.  Then you pick what sort of meat combination you want.  Steve and I chose the Capicola & Cheese.  I'm pretty sure it is there number 1 selling sandwich while Amy and Anthony chose the Pitts-Burgher Cheese Steak.  Both were good, but I think I preferred the Capicola.  Feast your eyes on this beast of a sandwich......








Later Friday evening, Anthony made reservations at a beautiful restaurant called Le Mont.  This place was stunning!  We had a beautiful window table that overlooked the entire city.  This is the first time Steve and I have really wined and dined in a long time - it was so nice!  Steve had a porterhouse steak, while I had a fillet.  We all had the French Onion Soup and shared the spicy stuffed banana peppers.  Pretty sure those bad boys were so hot, I could not eat them!  I like spicy, but those were beyond spicy!  Yikes!

During dinner, they had live entertainment and fireworks outside our window.  It was such a lovely evening considering what a stressful day it had been not being w/ Lottie!  A great way to wind down!















No comments:

Post a Comment