Sunday, March 2, 2014

Stella - 9 Months

Weight: 21lbs, 3 oz (89%)
Height: 28 inches (63%)
Head circumference: 47cm (99%)

Clothes: 12 to 18 months.  Not going to lie, Stella can totally fit into 24 month tops and pants.  The kid is a beast!  I love her little squishy thighs!

Diapers: Size 4

Eating: This child is an eater  Her most favorite thing to do is EAT!  She is still taking in anywhere from 30 oz each day.  A typical day when she's going to daycare is:

6:15 a.m.: 6 oz
9:15 a.m.: 1 container of baby food
9:30 a.m.: 6 oz
12:15 p.m.: 1 container of baby food
12:30 p.m.: 6 oz
3:30 p.m.: 6 oz
6:00 p.m.: 6 oz

Snacks: Puffs, yogurt melts, grapes, peaches, Mum Mums

Yep, still an eater.  This past month she started eating off the menu at school.  Typically, I circle what I think is okay for her to eat through the week.  So far, I have circled only fruits and veggies.  I think next month, we will start more proteins.  She loves to self feed and I swear if you let her, she would eat an entire can of puffs in a day!

Sleep: She hates to nap.  She usually has ONE nap every day.  ONE nap - can you freaking believe that?????????  She usually goes down around 10:30/11:00 a.m. and sleeps for about an hour and a half to two hours.  That's it - she rages for the rest of the day!  :) 

However, the kid is a rock star at night!  During the week, she goes down anywhere from 6:45 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.  Since using the "cry it out" method over a month ago, she pretty much goes down without a fight.  She may cry for a minute or two, but that's it.  I think she is so darn worn out from her day and lack of sleep.  I guess if she's going to sleep for 12 hours straight on the weekend, I will totally put up w/ no naps during the day. 

On a side note..............we have not had to do any breathing treatments in almost 3 weeks!  Hallelujah! 

Crying:  Stella....................................... She is still crying!!!!!!!!!!!!  I guess this is why date nights are few and far between.  I just feel so darn guilty leaving Stella with anyone between the hours of 4 and 6 p.m.  Stella goes nuts!!!!!!!!  It is so obvious that she is soooooooooooooooo tired and needs sleep.  Steve and I had our first date night since September this past weekend and we could NOT leave the house until 6:45 p.m. because she was hysterically crying.  Inconsolable!  I had to put her down before we could leave.  Had I left it with my girlfriends to put her down, who knows how long she would have cried.  Oh well, this can't last forever right????????  Day by day, day by day!

Milestones: This past month has been full of smiles, laughs and very loud little girly screams.  Probably the biggest milestone has been her rolling over.  I haven't mentioned it much since her 6 month post, but the kid has NEVER rolled over from her back to belly.  Well, that changed this month and I couldn't be happier.  Her physical development has really been eating away at me over the last couple of months.  Lottie was crawling by 8.5 months and was rolling over by 12 weeks.  Looking back at Lottie's 9 month post obviously doesn't help this mama's psyche and I continue to tell myself that no two babies are alike.  Of course, when speaking to Stella's pediatrician about it, he doesn't seem to be concerned in the least.  He seems to think her weight and the fact that she is a big baby has a lot to do with it.  He also said she may be a little lazy and stubborn.  I put Stella through a series of tests the doctor gave us before her 9 month appointment and she was fine in every way except for gross motor skills (crawling, rolling, walking, cruising along furniture, etc.)

I will say that over the last week, she has really come along.  She is scooting all over the floor while on her belly and her bottom.  Even though she's not crawling, she somehow manages to get from one side of the room to the other in no time!  She is ready to go!  She just needs to gain a little more core strength.  That big ole belly of hers is really getting in her way.  She will get there!  I just need to learn to stop worrying about it so much!  Mom guilt is the pits, I tell you!

Moving on.............Stella is still the sweetest little thing!  When she's not tired and crying (ha), she has the sweetest, most genuine smile on her.  Her belly laughs make me chuckle and my heart just smiles!  She loves music!  She also loves "peek a boo" and when I make silly faces.  She still loves to rock back and forth like a psycho in her exersaucer.  She gets more "air" in her jumper that hangs in the doorway than I've ever seen any child do.  She also loves to eat puffs in her jumper.  Thank goodness for the little tray that comes with it.  She also loves throwing all of her toys, especially balls all over the house.  I must pick them up a thousand times a day. 

We are still at the stage where everything she touches goes immediately in her mouth.  I know that won't be changing for a very long time!!  Although, it has become a bit worrying.  We really have to be careful because Lottie leaves all of her "little" toys, jewelry, etc. all over the house.  I can't count how many times I have caught Stella trying to put stickers, rings, etc. in her mouth.  It's hard to baby proof when you've got a 3 year old in the house.  We've tried explaining to Lottie a thousand times that Stella can choke on those things, but it still doesn't stop her from leaving her stuff laying around the house.

We still have NO teeth.  Lottie got her first two bottom teeth at 6 months.  Like I said, I guess no two babies are the same!  I'm sure she can't wait to get her teeth as much as she loves to eat!

Sibling Love: WOW, Stella loves her sister.  Her face lights up when Lottie enters the room or speaks to her. Her favorite is when her sister dances or bounces up and down in front of her.  She lets out the biggest belly laughs.  When she sees Lottie playing with her toys, she wants to be a part of it.  Lottie is constantly petting her head, trying to force a paci in her mouth or tugging on her hands.  The tugging of the hands and arms has gotten out of control!  I don't know how many times a day I have to tell Lottie to leave Stella's hands alone!  I rarely leave the two of them alone in the room!  That Lottie can't be trusted!  Usually Stella is the one who's oohhhhinngggg and ahhhhhing over her sister. But this past month, Lottie has really taken an interest in Stella.  She's constantly telling me how much she loves playing with Stella.  She's normally snatching things out of Stella's hands or telling me to tell Stella to stop eating her princess and give it back...... And so it begins..................  Honestly though, Lottie has been a huge little helper this past month.  Anytime Stella cries, Lottie is right there telling her it will be okay.  I really love watching their relationship bloom.  The way Stella looks at Lottie like she is already her idol just melts my heart.  I would say the only thing that has changed this past month with the two of them is that Lottie really gets aggravated with Stella when she grabs her toys (princesses, dolls, etc.) and tries to eat them!  HA! 

Likes: EATING, sucking on her hands, taking a bath, putting her warm jammies on at the end of the day, seeing her daddy walk in the door from work, playing with sissy when she's not poking or prodding her, sitting up, throwing toys all over the house, being tickled, riding in shopping carts and having her hair brushed.

Dislikes: Being hungry, napping and big sister tugging on her arms and hands.

****The only way Stella would sit still for these photos is by giving her a Mum Mum!
















No comments:

Post a Comment