Sunday, June 23, 2013

Father's Day

Father's Day is one of those days that I look forward to and dread at the same time.  I am so excited to celebrate Steve as a father because he does a heck of a job at being a great daddy.  I have a feeling that both of my girls are going to be "daddy's girls". 

At the same time, I hate not being able to celebrate my dad.  It took me a really long time to get through a Mother's Day and Father's Day without shedding some tears, but I think being able to celebrate Steve as a dad has made it a lot easier!  Although I only got 23 years with my dad, I still think of him each year and celebrate him through memories I share with Lottie and Steve.  He was a great daddy and I wouldn't have wanted any other man to be mine!

This year was a very relaxed sort of Father's Day.  I grilled a couple of Ribeyes for Steve and I.  I don't know what it is about Father's Day, but grilling "meat" and making mashed potatoes just seems darn right appropriate.  Steve is a meat and potatoes kind of guy so you can't really go wrong with that combo.  After lunch, we somehow managed to get both girls down for a nap so we took advantage of it and napped ourselves.  Rare I tell you - long gone are the days of laying around watching movies and catching a nap.  It is virtually non existent now!

Lottie made Steve a couple of little "treats" at school and couldn't wait to show him what she had made.  We also got him a polo shirt, pair of jeans and a 6 pack of craft beers/IPAs that he loves. 

All in all, it was a pretty perfect day!  Steve sure does love his girls!  He tells me every day!  The relationship a daughter has with her father is such a special one.  I can't wait to watch it grow and mold into something reminiscent of what my daddy and I shared!



Where in the blankety blank am I sending her to school????????  As much as it costs us, they couldn't spell "glad" right????  I think I might need to have a word!  :)
 


What a train wreck!  I attempted to mold Stella's handprint / footprint but failed miserably.  I did NOT follow the instructions on pouring the mold!  To top it off, I really ticked off Stella.  She hated when I was trying to put her hand/foot in the mold.  She was kicking and screaming.  Good times!  Oh well, Steve got a good laugh and afterwards, it went directly into the trash!!  :) 


 
Happy Father's Day Steve!!!
 
You are doing a GREAT job!!!
 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment