Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Lottie's First "real" Haircut

It was LONG overdue!!!!!  For the past several months, I've desperately tried to get Lottie to wear her hair back in a hair tie, bow, headband, you name it, but she refuses most of the time.  I have to tell her things like, "Do you want to wear a bow like Minnie?" or "Do you want to put your hair up like Mommy?"  You name it, I've tried it.  I think she is getting better and better every day, but nonetheless, most days her hair is down. 

I've been trimming her bangs for the last few months since they are constantly in her eyes when she is playing.  However, after seeing her hair in her "school" photos, I knew that it was time for a proper haircut. 

Since I've never taken her to get her hair cut before, I had no idea how she would react or whether or not she would even sit in a chair.  With that said, I decided to take her to a kid friendly hair salon for her first cut. 

Can I just say, "Dang, I got ROBBED!"  They charged me $17 to trim her hair and that is not including tip.  Is it just me or is that the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard?  She has baby hair for crying out loud and all they did was cut it straight across.  We were in and out of that place in 10 minutes.  Crazy, Crazy, Crazy. 

Needless to say, we won't be going back.  While I liked the salon itself with it's cute decor, race cars and taxi cabs as chairs, the lady who cut Lottie's hair was mean as a snake to me!  She went on and on and on about what a terrible job I had done cutting Lottie's bangs and that I should have brought her in a long time ago.  She also told me that Lottie should not have bangs and that I should have been pulling her hair back and making her wear her hair back until they were long enough to tuck behind her ears.  Had the lady not had a pair of cutting shears in her hands, who knows what would have happened.  I tried to explain to her that I would LOVE to pull her hair back and let her bangs grow if I could, but she won't have it, so bangs it is for now until she gets older.  She then went on to tell me that I should have started putting things in her hair when she was a baby.  I almost whipped out every photo I've ever taken of her to prove that I did start early, but again, she had a pair of shears in her hand and my child's head in her hands. 

While the lady drove me absolutely nuts, Lottie seemed to really enjoy her first haircut.  She was super cute and was making the cutest facial expressions!  She was pretty unsure about getting her hair blow dried, but other than that, loved the experience.  She was such a "big girl"!  She made momma proud! 





No comments:

Post a Comment