Friday, April 5, 2013

Easter Weekend

Last weekend Steve had to work both Friday and Saturday and with the long weekend, I decided that Lottie and I would take a girl's trip to visit Aunt Amy.  I knew it would be our last trip down until at least the end of May, so wanted to take advantage of not only spending time with my sister, but spending quality time with Lottie. 

Lottie is growing up so fast and this stage she is currently at is so much fun.  It is by far the most fun we've had together.  She is talking like crazy and loves being silly.  She cracks me up every day.  There isn't a day that goes by that she doesn't have me rolling with laughter.  Just when I thought the terrible twos were upon us, she proved me wrong.  She has been so well behaved, sweet, loving these last few weeks.  I honestly can't get enough of her.  I want to spend every waking moment with her.

Okay - back on track before I start getting all hormonal on ya!  Dang hormones!  Next thing you know, I'll start crying thinking about how much I love this kid.  All I can say is poor Steve!  :)

We got to the beach on Thursday night where we ate, watched basketball and relaxed.  My sister had to work on Friday so it was the perfect opportunity for Lottie and I to get in some QT together.  Since it was really chilly and we weren't able to beach it up, we decided to head to Broadway at the Beach to do a little shopping and visit Ripley's Aquarium.

Ripley's Aquarium was nice - a lot smaller than I remember as a kid, but I guess that's with everything I revisit these days with Lottie.  Everything always seemed so grand as a child.











Following the aquarium, we walked around Broadway at the Beach and ran into a huge bouncy house park / play area.  Of course, Lottie had to go in and jump around.  It cost $8.  Of course, Lottie ended up jumping around for about 15 minutes before she had enough.  I told her she better get back in there and get mama's money's worth.  :)  She of course wanted me to go in and jump with her, but I quickly shot that down.  Can you imagine seeing an 8 month pregnant lady jumping around and going down slides in the kiddo's bounce house?  I don't think so - it would have popped.  I can see it now!

We ended up meeting Uncle Anthony for lunch at the English pub where Lottie ate one of her favorite English dishes, "Beans on Toast".  She is quite the little English girl! 

We ended up relaxing the rest of the afternoon, napped and played with the dogs.  Once Amy got home from work, we started dying Easter eggs.  Lottie loves stickers, so her eggs were decorated mostly with stickers once they were dyed. 







On Saturday, it was supposed to be a bit warmer so we decided to head to the beach to collect shells, eat boiled peanuts and relax for a bit.  It ended up being a lot cooler than predicted so we only lasted about an hour before heading to the arcade and Dead Dogs in Murrells Inlet for lunch.




My favorite snack on the beach!  Addictive!




Later that afternoon, my brother in law's nieces came into town along with another friend and his three kids.  Talk about a house full!  I actually kind of loved it - I just envisioned all the girly sleepovers that are in my future! 

Lottie adores Bella and Ari so was super excited to see them.  We ended up hiding Easter eggs the rest of the day.  I swear we must have hid them 10 different times.  Finally the kids wanted to hide for us, so that was interesting.  When was the last time you saw a 32 yr. old hunting eggs?  It was FUN though. 










Sidewalk chalk - used to love this stuff!  I am thinking - hopscotch might be on the agenda this weekend!





Finally, before officially crashing out in my arms after a long day, the girls or should I say Lottie decided to play with her new bubble blower in the house!  Uncle Anthony was pretty thrilled about this idea!  :)




On Easter, Lottie and I drove back super early to be with Steve.  I cooked a ham and we relaxed the rest of the afternoon.  Ms. Jeanette and Brittany came over for a little visit with Lottie that afternoon and soon the weekend was over. 

Again, I can't tell you how much I enjoyed spending QT with Lottie.  I felt so sick on my stomach on Monday just having to be back at work and not hanging with her.  I couldn't wait until I got off to pick her up.  I missed her so much. 

I hope everyone had a safe and happy Easter.  The Lord has certainly blessed our little family!


No comments:

Post a Comment