Thursday, September 20, 2012

Greek Fest / Lottie's First Ride

This past weekend, we met friends in Dilworth and walked to the Greek Festival.  Between all of us, we enjoyed Gyros, Greek Fries, Spanakopita, Baklava, Honey Drizzled Donuts, Baklava Sundae and little powdered sugar cookies!  DELISH! 

After overindulging, we walked over to the kid's side of the festival where they had face painting, snow cones, kiddie rides, etc.  Lottie did a lot of pointing at the rides but when it came down to it, she was a little unsure about actually getting on them. 

Jeanette is a big kid who LOVES rides.  She was overly excited to take Lottie on her first ride.  After checking out all of the rides, we decided the swings might be the best option since she already loves swings and there was NO spinning and craziness involved.  After the first couple of times around, Lottie started loosening up and really started enjoying it.  Sure enough though, as soon as she started enjoying it, the ride was over.  I went and got a few more tickets for one more ride around w/ me.  Of course, this go around, she cried when I put her back on the swing (mini melt down).  Melt down or not, we were getting back on the swings - I mean I know I did not just pay for more tickets not to use them (it's the frugalness in me!)  Sorry Lottie!  You'll soon learn this about your mama!  :)


The scowl/uncertainty look


Getting into it now


Wind through the hair - loving it


We are scowling again


Picking up pace again
 
We also tried putting Lottie on the little train they had.  She sat there for a couple of minutes fine, but it took too long for the train to get going and Lottie got scared.  Had the conductor started the train right after I put her on it, she would have loved it, I'm sure. 

All in all the Greek Fest was a success.  We ate way too much food and I got one last sunburn (not so successful) - dang it was hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment