Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Little Chompers!

I guess we can now say that we've experienced what it is like when your child gets bit!  OUCH!  While I can sympathize with the little chomper, I still hate that Lottie was in pain.  The incident report read that Lottie was waiting in line for a toy when the little chomper took a bite out of her right arm.  They applied ice and gave her lots of TLC. 

Of course, it happened right before I got there so as I walked in, she was doing one of those hyperventilating cries that makes everything sound so much worse.  It made me want to cry as well.  Instead, I made sure that Lottie got extra cuddles and loving Monday night! 

At the end of the day, the kids in the Toddler I class are all getting their first molars so I certainly understand why they are trying out their teeth on each other.  I knew it was just a matter of time before Lottie got bit.  Hopefully now that she has been on both sides of the fence, she will take note that it does NOT feel good when you get bit. 

Thankfully, there has been no further incidents where Lottie has attempted to bite!  I'm hoping all the little chompers in her classroom have gotten it out of their system. 



On a positive note, I think the CRIB BREAK was a one time thing!  We haven't had any trouble this week with her trying to "break" out.  I put the bumpers back in her crib last night.

One last thing..............yesterday as I picked up Lottie and collected her things from school, I caught her and her buddy Ella giving each other a hug before she left!  Not kidding, it was seriously the cutest thing EVER!  It was a full on, intentional embrace!  I can't reiterate how CUTE it was!  Wish I could have gotten a picture of that!  :)






1 comment:

  1. Dont make me come down there to the daycare and start making toddlers heads roll! Poor Lot Lot!!! that looks like it hurt :( and ps- Lotties shoes do not match her dress. Scoop must have dressed her that day! ha!

    ReplyDelete