Thursday, August 9, 2012

Conversations over the Olympics...

The Olympics have pretty much taken over the Cooper household as I'm sure it has in  many of your households.  One of the great things about the Olympics at our house is we have two teams that we root for - GB (Great Britain) and USA. 

While the USA are AMAZING in almost every Olympic event (they are leading in the medal count), GB seem to have only a handful of events that they excel in such as rowing, equestrian, cycling and some track and field. 

With comments like the one above, it is fair to say there has been some serious trash talking going on in my house!  Poor Lottie, she's just been thrown in the mix of it with me teaching her to say, "GO USA" and Steve teaching her to say, "GO GB".  To hear her try and say both has been pretty amusing.

In any event, this past weekend was a pretty lazy one for the most part.  We cleaned out the garage, mowed grass and did the usual things you can't quite get to through the week.  Afterwards, we planted ourselves on the floor / couch to catch up on the Olympics. 

At one point in the day, Steve looked at me and said, "I'm seriously concerned about your stupidity!"  Wait, WHAT? 

Steve: I'm going to grab a drink.

Tonya: Okay, but you better hurry.

Steve: Why?

Tonya: Because the MARATHON is about to begin and you don't want to miss it!

Steve: Really, the MARATHON?

Tonya: Yes, hurry up!

Steve: I'm seriously concerned about your stupidity!  We are talking about a MARATHON here - I could take a drive to the mountains and NEWS FLASH, they would still be running the Marathon! 

Tonya: Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, yeah okay!!  GAH!

Steve: I sure hope Lottie gets her brains from her Dad!  If not, I don't know what we are going to do!  :)



Pretty sure we've been laughing about this one for the last couple of days!  Needless to say, we have certainly had some laughs during the Olympic games!!!  It's such a shame they only come around every 4 years because I just love it!!!


1 comment: