Friday, January 20, 2012

Big Girl Food!! Happy 11 Months!

It's official, my little monkey is graduating to big girl food. 

Since Christmas, she has really shown she is ready to self feed.  It is getting harder and harder to feed her baby food.  She swats at the spoon, tries grabbing the spoon or shakes her head no.  So far, I've tried giving her roasted carrots, celery, potatos and chicken and dumplings.  She had a few bites of the veggies and potatoes but not nearly enough to fill her little belly.  At some point she decided she had enough and started picking up the carrots and throwing them on the floor!  :)  Awesome!  I better accept now that my house will NEVER be clean again!

However, when it came to my slow cooker chicken and dumplings, Lottie went to town.  She absolutely LOVES them (Proud Mama).  I was so pleased to find something that she really enjoys.  I made a batch on Sunday for dinner and Lottie has been eating leftovers for dinner all week.  YAY!

This week marked the first week she started trying to eat off the menu at day care.  Every Friday we get a menu to circle the food items we give permission for her to eat the following week.  The ladies at day care are so excited.  They can't wait to get her eating big girl food.  Yesterday when I picked her up, I learned that she ate green beans and applesauce for lunch.  She did great!! 

When it comes to snacking, Lottie's favorites at the minute is a cut up pickle and sweet potato and banana puffs.  She loves it!!





 


It is hard to believe my baby will be a year old in a month.  Happy 11 Months babe!!  You are getting to be such a big girl! 





Clearly, she has not pulled everything she needed out of the box!

No comments:

Post a Comment