Friday, January 27, 2012

Naked Baby!!

This past Sunday Lottie decided that she was going to strip down and embrace the world NAKED!  I was crafting away (1st b-day decor) on the couch when all of a sudden I saw Lottie tackling her shirt, pulling it right off.  She looked quite pleased with herself afterwards.  Of course, not wanting her to get cold, I put it back on her.  Not 5 minutes later, she tackled and pulled her shirt off again.  She then proceeded to play with it, stretch it and crawl around the house with it.  She did this for the next hour.  She had all of her toys around her to play with but she only wanted to play with a shirt.  Typical!

After she started carrying it around like some sort of security blanket, Steve and I laughed saying how embarrassing would it be if our child had a security shirt instead of a blanket!  Thankfully Lottie has no attachment to a blanket or stuffed toy yet.

Later in the day, Steve made a traditional English dinner that included roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, roasted potatoes, veggies and gravy.  YUM!!!!!!!!!  Lottie tried her first Yorkshire pudding!!!  She loved it.  She sat on Dad's lap while he fed her - no shirt and all! 






Lottie has once again done really well with her big girl food this week.  She had her first taste of shrimp and grits, broccoli and cheese, mac and cheese, tuna, etc.  I'm so happy she is trying all of these foods and seems to be enjoying them.  I had my suspicion that she was going to be a vegetarian early on b/c the girl did not want anything to do with baby food meat (i.e. chicken and noodles, turkey and gravy, etc.)  Thankfully that does not seem to be an issue any longer.

I am looking forward to spending the weekend w/ Steve & Lottie!!  Lottie is having her cake smash photo session tomorrow morning!!!  I'm going to pick up her little cake after work.  Should be fun!!!  I can't wait to see Lottie's expression when she has her first taste of cake!!!!

I still can't believe her first birthday is upon us.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Omg look at that belly! Can't wait to see her. I miss her so much. Also can't wait to have some sister time! Love you

    ReplyDelete