Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Stella's Last Day of Preschool!

Stella wrapped up her last day of preschool on July 13th.  What a year it has been for my two little ones.  As you will recall, when we first moved to England, we lived with my in laws for three months in a semi, two bedroom house.  Steve and I slept in a double bed while the kids slept in a single bed at the end of our bed.  Each slept with one head on opposite ends of the bed.  We were living out of the suitcases we packed and brought over while all of our worldly possessions were sailing across the Atlantic.  While it wasn't ideal, it was what had to be done while Steve and I diligently searched for homes each day. 

Steve began working 2 weeks after we landed full time.  I had no car at that point and to be honest was hesitant about driving anyways.  The roads are so narrow, they drive on the left and use roundabouts vs. traffic lights.  It wasn't until September of last year that I finally got brave enough to buy a car and start driving.  With that said, I went about a month and a half walking everywhere.  Unlike the States where everything is so spread out, everything you need here is within walking distance.

Lottie started school around the first of September last year so with her getting settled in her new school, I thought it would be an ideal time to get Stella used to going back as well.  After looking online, I found a preschool that I thought would be a good fit for her.  We walked to check it out and it just felt like you would be dropping her off at grandma or granddad's house.  They were very welcoming and kind.  Stella started off going 2 days a week for 3 hours at a time.  I swear those 6 hours a week are what kept me somewhat sane during those 3 months living with my in laws.  Don't get me wrong, I love my in laws and realize that it couldn't have been easy on them either. 

By the end of the school year, Stella was going 3 days a week for 3 hours each time.  I can't say enough about the staff.  They put on Christmas productions, picnics, sports day, end of year celebrations, etc.  They also visited a nursing home every couple of weeks where the children would sing to all the elderly folks.  I can't imagine what joy that must have brought to them.  :)

It's hard to believe that at just 3, my baby will be entering into her last year of preschool before joining her sister at big school.  

Here's a few photos of Stella's last week at preschool!


Teddy Bear Picnic (that is Stella's BFF - Imogen)

 
End of Year Celebrations



 
Last Day of Preschool!


No comments:

Post a Comment