Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Lottie's Last Day of Reception (Foundation Stage)

PROUD is the understated word of the year that I would use for my little Lottie!  She has truly amazed me with her ability to not only start school for the very first time, but her ability to adapt to a new country and all the things that come along with it. 

It seems like it was just yesterday I was knocking on the school's door to see if they could get her in.  As soon as our feet hit the ground in England, I knew I had exactly one month to try to get her in.  Of course with registering any child for school, there is a process and after following protocol and dealing with the counsel and waiting at their mercy to let me know whether she could get into the school of our choice, I just wasn't getting any response.  They basically said that I would have to wait until the teachers came back from their summer break (3 days before the kids would start) to let me know something.  I was freaking out to say the least!!!!  I think I did what any parent would do at that point.  I went knocking on the school's door the day I knew they would be back from their holiday.  Thankfully, everyone was so lovely and understanding.  After hearing our story, they said they would love to have her.  What a relief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After I found out she was in, my MIL's sweet neighbor Carol drove me to collect all of Lottie's school uniform items.  I'm so grateful for her and her kindness.  My kids love her!

With just a couple of days to gather everything, we did it and off went Lottie to a new school in a new country.  After walking her to school and dropping her off that first day, I cried big, fat crocodile tears all the back to my in law's house.  I was so overcome with emotion not only because my baby was growing up, but that this was our new life.  Our new life was here in England and there was no turning back.  While exciting, it was also very frightening!  I had no idea what was in store for us! 

But here we are...................................1 year later and I couldn't be happier about our decision to move here.  We made the right decision for our family and are living a life full of wonderful adventures that we would have never experienced otherwise.

The kids are happy, the hubby is happy and I am happy! 

Here's a look back at Lottie's first day of school and her last! 

THEN......................................................








NOW..................................................................





 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment