Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Entry Way Project - Our English Home

It is so hard to believe we have been in our new home for 3 months now.  It feels like we are finally settling in.  I truly love it and can't wait to get cracking on all of the DIY projects I've had my heart set on for the last couple of months.  First on the list (especially during these winter months) was to create an entry way / organized space for our coats, rain boots, bookbags, etc.

I have been busy pinning away on Pinterest to come up with different ideas I wanted for the space.  A big thanks to Steve and his DIY skills for turning it into exactly what I wanted! 

He literally built and painted everything by hand.  I couldn't be more proud of him and feel very lucky to have a man in my life who knows how to put those hands to good use! My dad would be proud!

Steve also painted our half bath downstairs that is right next to the new entryway space. 

While it isn't completely finished (still need to get a new pendant light to hang and new bathroom fixtures), it is nearly there and I love it! 

Here is a look at the before pictures.





 
Our downstairs half bath


 
In the before pictures, the wall color was this sea foam / greenish color.  Although Steve already removed the hooks from the wall, the only thing to hang our coats on was a strip of 4 hooks.  Not nearly enough for our needs.  We also didn't have any storage place for our shoes.  We live next to a lake and when we take the kids for a walk, our wellies get really muddy, so it was important to have a place to store them without tracking mud through the house. 
 
AFTER:
 


I finally found a home for this print Steve and I bought while on a trip to Paris in 2005.  We visited a market along the Seine and picked up several prints that we never got around to framing and hanging up.  I love reflecting upon that time.  It was truly a memorable trip and I can't wait to visit again.

 
I chose Dulux Chic Shadow for the paint color


This is one of my favorite prints now hanging in our house.  Funnily enough, I purchased this watercolor Charlotte skyline print from Coventry, England.  It is now the first thing I see when I walk in the door.

 
Steve's DIY masterpiece!









 
I'd also still like to get a neutral basket to put gloves, scarves, hats, etc. in.



This little space has made our entire downstairs so much more tidier.  More to come soon!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment